Panama/Moving to Panama/Chiriqui

I am about to retire after a 30 year career in teaching. My wife is about to receive her teaching certification after taking a year off from her job as an educational assistant for the last 12 years. We are seriously considering leaving Canada to relocate in Panama. What are the possibilities (and any suggested steps) to supplementing my pension by teaching English locally?

Hi Kent,

First I have to say that Panama is not the same country it was a few years back.
This country is not as safe as it was, quality of life is questionable and prices on housing have almost tripled in many cases.

That being said, I think you would probably find more teaching related job options in Panama City.

This is the capital of Panama and there are more schools that teach English.

You can probably try contacting Balboa Academy, Oxford School, International School of Panama and Isaac Rabin school.

Also below is a link where you can find information in general about the school system in Panama

Hope this helps.

Best of luck.

Lorena Mlns

I can answer questions regarding Panama, its people, culture, places to visit, places to watch out for, hotels to stay, how much your taxi fare should be... specific information on getting around on a safe manner.

I was born and raised in Panama, educated in American schools. Since I enjoy all related to Panama history, I try to keep myself updated on local happenings in the subject. I also enjoy traveling and the internet seems a wonderful tool to use, specially when you are your own guide (which I usually am)- so I am just willing to give some of the help I have received back.

Articles - La Prensa Newspaper

Bachelor's Degree - Marketing and Advertisting MBA - Emphasys in Management