Panama/Professional License/Psychology

Please, what recognition does Panama provide for reciprocity to U.S. Masters level state licensed counselors or Neurofeedback/Biofeedback therapists.

Hi Roger,
First off you would need a work permit.Panama has relaxed the rules on this recently BUT more importantly,there are restrictions on extranjeros (Foreigners) practicing in certain professions/ businesses. Medical and medical related areas are in a restricted category BUT there is legislation before the Panamanian Assembly at the moment to relax these restrictions.
Panama is growing at a rapid pace and needs more professionals...there is local opposition as you can imagine. Most seem to think the new legislation will pass soon, giving foreign Drs etc a visa to practice in Panama for 3 years. I doubt anyone has even heard of Biofeedback here so you would apply as a psychologist/psychotherapist.
My advice would be to contact the nearest Panamanian embassy ( they are in NY , Miami and probably Houston) and see if they can give you some guidelines.

However,if you have never spent much time here in Panama, my primary advice to everyone is to come here and spend 6 months before deciding. It's a great place but not for everyone.
Dianne Heidke

Dianne Heidke

I can answer questions about living in Boquete, Panama. Interested in moving to the area or spending more time than just as a tourist? You don't need to become an expert yourself but you will need more specific answers than a general guidebook can provide. I can field many queries re geography,weather,getting about,visas,local government,health options,construction,real estate and processes,Jubilado discounts,and much more.

I have been living in Boquete for the past 6 years, have started and run various businesses there. I established and continue to run the Tuesday Morning Meeting which is a weekly information sharing resource and farmer's market in Boquete.

The Tuesday Morning Meeting - Boquete,Panama. Cloud Forest Botanicals - Boquete,Panama.

The Bajareque Times . Boquete.Panama

BA/LLB Australia - Attorney CEO - The Zapadora,Potrerillos,Panama Partner in Cloud Forest Botanicals - Organic plant medicinals and cosmetics. Professional Artist. Pilot Author: The Boquete(Not for Tourists!)Handbook - The Insider's Guide to Surviving Life in Boquete." 2010.Amazon kindle.

Supreme Ruler - The Zapadora,.S.A.