Panama/Making preparations for retirement

Hi Elizabeth,  

I bought a lot in Altos del Maria about 6 years ago and it's about to be paid off!  The lot needs to be cleared of pines that have grown rather big and then the land will require some bulldozing to prepare for a small cabin.  Is there a service in Panama that will help me during this time so that I don't have to be there for this basic step?  Obviously I would be there to talk and tell someone what I wanted done, initially, but the carrying out process may take longer than I can arrange to be there.  

There may be more questions to come!

Sincerely, Kristina

Congratulations on your purchase of a lot and imminent construction. I live in a completely different area of Panama (Boquete), so I'm afraid I don't have contacts in the Altos del Maria area. I would suggest that you contact the developers and ask for their recommendations for clearing. I will caution you, however, that if you are not there to supervise which trees get cut, where the grading is, etc., you have no way to be certain your wishes will be carried out. Perhaps there is someone in the area--a neighbor?--who you could trust to oversee part of the process? It is very problemmatic here (or anywhere) to have construction work done in absentia.

Best of luck,
Elizabeth Worley
<a href="">

Elizabeth Worley

I can answer most general questions about: 1. Vacation planning in Chiriqui and Boquete, including references for hotels, restaurants, guides, tour operators, etc. 2. Questions pertaining to alternative and traditional health care. 3. Cost of living and retirement related issues 4. How-to questions about purchasing real estate, getting a driver's license, where to buy things, what to do (and NOT do) in construction.

I have lived in the Chiriqui highlands of Panama, just outside Boquete, for 8 years. I can answer most questions about residency requirements, immigrations, purchasing real estate in an ethical and safe manner, health care availability (traditional and alternative), planning a vacation, tours and sightseeing, references for hotels, restaurants, service providers, etc. I grow organic coffee, so I can definitely answer questions about coffee!

Atlanta Journal/Constitution Sunday supplement Reader's Digest Southern Living Panama Living Noticias Bajareque Times Panama 180

Master's degree in Psychology. In addition to having a private counseling practice and working for many years in the non-profit sector, I am a nationally and internationally published author.