Panama/Selling Canadian car in panama

Hi, I hope you can help. I have driven my 1994 toyota 4runner from Canada and want to sell it in panama, I have looked around but get lots of different answers. How long us the process to sell the car? Do I have to register it in panama first or can I take it to a dealership, sort out the paperwork to get the stamp out of my passport and let them do the tax, registration change etc? Looking for relatively quick sale and willing to get a cheaper price for convenience? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks so much

The Boquete Handbook
The Boquete Handbook  
Hey Sam,
Where are you located at the moment? We live in the highlands of Panama, up near the Costa Rican border, where its a bit easier.
Email me privately at and I will put you in touch with my Canadian car guy here, who will be able to steer you straight.(No pun intended...ok a bit)
best regards,
Dianne Heidke

Dianne Heidke

I can answer questions about living in Boquete, Panama. Interested in moving to the area or spending more time than just as a tourist? You don't need to become an expert yourself but you will need more specific answers than a general guidebook can provide. I can field many queries re geography,weather,getting about,visas,local government,health options,construction,real estate and processes,Jubilado discounts,and much more.

I have been living in Boquete for the past 6 years, have started and run various businesses there. I established and continue to run the Tuesday Morning Meeting which is a weekly information sharing resource and farmer's market in Boquete.

The Tuesday Morning Meeting - Boquete,Panama. Cloud Forest Botanicals - Boquete,Panama.

The Bajareque Times . Boquete.Panama

BA/LLB Australia - Attorney CEO - The Zapadora,Potrerillos,Panama Partner in Cloud Forest Botanicals - Organic plant medicinals and cosmetics. Professional Artist. Pilot Author: The Boquete(Not for Tourists!)Handbook - The Insider's Guide to Surviving Life in Boquete." 2010.Amazon kindle.

Supreme Ruler - The Zapadora,.S.A.