Panama/QUESTION

Question
QUESTION: HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY SIR..MY NAME IS RUBEN I AM HAITIAN LIVING IN DR.I WANT TO MOVE AND WORK IN DR I WANT TO NO WHAT ARE MY BEST CHOOSE TO MAKE AS YOU NO HAVING A HAITIAN PASSPORT NOT A LOT OF COUNTRY ALLOWS US IN THERE COUNTRY AS OTHER COUNTRY...I AM LOOKING FOR A WORK PERMIT AND POSSIBLE PERMIT IN PANAMA...I FOUND A JOB OVER THERE IN A CALL CENTER ANOTHER QUESTION IS THERE ANY SPONSORS IN PANAMA FOR WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR THANK YOU VERY MUCH RUBEN

ANSWER: Hi Ruben:
I know Haiti passport doesn't open many doors, however, there is a sizeable Haitian community in Panama and hopefully you can feel at home here.  
Once you make it here and start working, the government conducts nationalization fairs from time to time and you can apply for a 2 year resident permit for USD$700 and a work permit again for 2 years at USD$500.  
Hope that helps.
Best!
Jack

QUESTION: Jack great answer now thank you now I will try to make my way there in aug and will be looking for a job can I ask this company to sponsor me for the permit and can I work on the visa I am Geting which is a tourist visa and how much is the visas for a Haitian or do they give us Haitians special treatments in looking for a job the reason I ask so much.one more thing I have a friend that is a native of panama is there a way I can over stay a visas under his care untile I get my status right while I am there. Thank you once again Ruben

Answer
Hello Ruben:
I'm glad to be able to give good advise.
You can certainly ask the company to sponsor you but they will probably do it only after you've worked some time with them.
There is no special treatment for Haiti passport holders.  You should bring over USD$500 in cash and have a credit card to show that you are coming in as a client to buy goods in the Colon Free Zone.
In the meantime, if you have a local friend, he can guide you through the ins and outs of overstaying your visa and how to make ends meet.  Immigration normally charges $50 per month as penalty for people who overstay their visa deadline upon departure at the airport.
Good luck!
Jack  

Panama

Jack Silvera