Panama/IMPOATING A CAR

Question
I WOULD LOVE TO IMPORT A CAR WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WILL I NEED AND HOW MUCH TAX I PAY ON A CAR WHAT YEAR ARE ALLOWED IN PANAMA THANK YOU

Answer
Hello--

I have never personally imported a car to Panama, so I don't know firsthand how the process works. I do know several people who have, and ALL of them tell me, after the fact, that they wish they hadn't bothered to do so. The process is difficult, lengthy and expensive.

Here are some excellent resources with more detailed information:
The Boquete (Not for Tourists) Handbook -- <a href="http://theboquetehandbook">  This contains an entire chapter on importing a car to Panama, both the pros and cons.
The online forum <a href="http://boquete.ning.com"> has archived articles about importing a car.

Again, most people who have say it would have been simpler and cheaper to just buy a car here in Panama. So, unless you have a classic, vintage car that you are wildly attached to, sell it and use the money to buy one here. Save yourself the aggravation.

Best regards,
Elizabeth Worley  

Panama

Elizabeth Worley