Panama/Temporally Import RV-truck

Hey Dianne,

In april we are going to Panama. But on 12 april we are flying to the Netherlands for 5 month. So our temp. import  permit for the truck is not long enough (90 Days?). Are there possibilities to let the truck in Panama for say 6 months? We think of giving the truck in custody by customs? Or by a safe warehouse where we get papers to show to customs. Or is it possible bij entering Panama to get a 6 month visa, a 6 month insurance and therefore a 6 months valid temporally permit for the truck?

with greeting Marita van Loenen en Paul Smit

Hi Paul & Marita,
You need to talk with a friend of mine who is more expert with car/auto matters in PANAMA. He is Canadian and may give you better info than me on this.It's a tricky situation.
His Name is Keith Woolford ( we call him canadian Keith).His email is
Buena suerte!
Dianne H

Dianne Heidke

I can answer questions about living in Boquete, Panama. Interested in moving to the area or spending more time than just as a tourist? You don't need to become an expert yourself but you will need more specific answers than a general guidebook can provide. I can field many queries re geography,weather,getting about,visas,local government,health options,construction,real estate and processes,Jubilado discounts,and much more.

I have been living in Boquete for the past 6 years, have started and run various businesses there. I established and continue to run the Tuesday Morning Meeting which is a weekly information sharing resource and farmer's market in Boquete.

The Tuesday Morning Meeting - Boquete,Panama. Cloud Forest Botanicals - Boquete,Panama.

The Bajareque Times . Boquete.Panama

BA/LLB Australia - Attorney CEO - The Zapadora,Potrerillos,Panama Partner in Cloud Forest Botanicals - Organic plant medicinals and cosmetics. Professional Artist. Pilot Author: The Boquete(Not for Tourists!)Handbook - The Insider's Guide to Surviving Life in Boquete." 2010.Amazon kindle.

Supreme Ruler - The Zapadora,.S.A.