Panic Disorders/Attacks/anxiety?

Question
I have been to a cardiologist twice within the past three months because I have been having strange feelings in my chest. Kind of fluttering. I have had EKGs, holter monitor twice, and an ECHO. Everything is normal. I just recently learned by reading online that my symptoms lean toward anxiety. I have been feeling these flutters quite a bit. I also went to the ER a couple of years ago because I felt like I couldnt breath. It felt like I was breathing, but the air wasn't going into my lungs. I was told then that everything was fine. I was breatihing just fine. I go back for a follow up with the cardiologist this friday and am going to ask him if it could be anxiety making me feel like something is wrong with my heart. I am 29 years old and I just had a baby 8 weeks ago. The first time I went to the cardiologist was while I was pregnant. Does this sound like anxiety?

Answer
Hi
yes this does sound like anxiety or what is sometimes called panic attacks.

When an attack happens it can feel like a heart attack, it may become difficult to breath and you will feel light headed and may get pains of sensations in your chest.

i used to be a sufferer for years, so yes the symptoms do sound like yours.

unfortunately there is no one answer to how to over come anxiety and panic attacks. I am now a stress advisor and have built a website to help people with information about these issues. Please see my pages about anxiety and panic attacks for more information here

/anxiety-disorders.html

Don't worry you can recover from these, I did.

best wishes Kate

Panic Disorders/Attacks

Kate Tilmouth