Panic Disorders/Attacks/Panic/Anxiety disorder

Question
Eight month back i got severe panic attack with following symptoms

SWEATING(HEAD/ARMPIT) ,LUMP IN THROAT,DRY MOUTH,CRY SPELL,THOUGHT OF DYING,STOMACH UPSET,VOMITING,FEELING OF INSURE,CHEST PAIN,FEELING SLEEPY,DIRTY AND UNRELATED DREAMS,BLURRED VISION,GOING CRAZY,FEAR OF LIVING ALONE.
NOW A DAYS I AM UNABLE TO ENJOY MY REGULAR ACTIVITY.PLEASE TELL ME IF ANY GOOD TREATMENT AVAILABLE FOR SAME AND HOW LONG THE TREATMENT WILL CONTINUE
WHAT TYPE OF PHYSICIAN SHOULD I CONTACT.
PLEASE REPLY

THANKS

Answer
Hi
well all of these symptoms could be connected with several different things from Panic Attacks to depression. What you need to do is to find out for sure whether of not these symptoms are related or not and the only wat to do this is to first see your normal GP. They will probably do some basic tests to make sure that their is no underlying physical reason for your symptoms. Sometimes something as simply as deficiency can be the initial trigger you see.

once any physical illness is rules out then your GP will go through some possible solutions for your symptoms. Now this may be further treatment via a trained counselor or it may be medication for a short period of time. The GP will go through all the possible options with you and it is up to you to decide the best course of action for you.

Please read my website for lots more information about all of these things. you may find some helps there for you too.

best wishes kate

Panic Disorders/Attacks

Kate Tilmouth