Panic Disorders/Attacks/Anxiety attacks

My son is 21. He has been having anxiety attacks since he was 17. These attacks are awful and seem to be getting worse. I know the symptoms as I have them too but they have subsided in me. I was on anti depressants and I've had therapy for years. I'd like to give him some techniques to stop the attacks before they get worse than they already are. Thanks for your help and I will answer any question you might have. Thank you so much.

Hi Bella,
I often wonder some times if we, (being the parent), having panic attacks for years.... is part of the reason that our kids do too. I totally believe that, the way we are raised, along with our genetics, are 2 of the most important things that make us when we are in our teens.

You said that he has had panic attacks since he was 17 and he is now 21 years old.
I would have to ask you at this point in his life, what are his major stresses? Because, I believe that the more stress that we have in our lives....the more likely we are to get High anxiety and Panic attacks.

It is also very hard for me, not knowing anything about your son, his life or, anything much at all about him , to give a true and honest answer as to what you might could do for him. Does he live with you? Is he asking you for help? Why do you believe at this point that you can help him? ( I am not being rude here) I have a son of my own and I know that he is Very private about his life and does not tell me much at all. I also do not pry into his life either.

Is he asking for your help? Is he living with you? Does he talk to you about most everything he does? Are you involved in his life everyday? Is he married? Does he have a family? Is he working? Does he have a hard time working? Going away from home? Try to tell me more if you can and I will answer you as honest as I can.
I would LOVE for him to be Happy!

Panic Disorders/Attacks

I am not a doctor. I have however been on this site since 2008 and have answered many questions and helped a lot of people. You are welcome to check my stats. I love to know how you are getting along in months to come after talking with you. I do Care. I answer many questions about panic attacks from living experiences. I believe that I can save some other person from symptoms that I have been through myself. Having someone to talk to about this terrorizing experience always helps. Someone that has been through it and understands! You may ask me anything related to this subject, no matter how awkward you feel. There is nothing funny about anxiety or panic attacks and you will understand a little more about those feelings and, I will give you ways to get it under control.

I have suffered with panic attacks for the over 45 years. I have overcome many obstacles in regards to panic disorder and can answer many questions of how I overcame them. There is nothing you can ask me that I will not understand.

High school, Real Estate professional, School of hard knocks :)