Panic Disorders/Attacks/Tingling after workout or when nervous

I'm 43, married, two kids, football coach and high school teacher.  Throughout the years after a workout, my hands, arms, sometimes legs will begin tingling and will get so bad my hands will begin to draw up to where I can't hold anything.  It almost looks like a stoke but my heart is might be beating real fast, but is fine. Today I lifted heavy, last set for my arms I was driving home and ten min. Into my trip my hands started tingling and drawing up. I made it to the emergency room parking lot but was calmed down and went to the store, bought groceries and all is well.  I do suffer from anxiety. I take medication as needed.  What causes the limbs to tingle and draw up? On occasions I've had to call 911.  By the time they get to me the drawing up and  tingling is subsiding.  They check sugar, there aren't any heart pains, my heart checks out fine.  Have you ever heard of such?  I feel like when I work out really good and I get a good pump...every now and then, the pump begins to tingle and I get a little nervous. Oh...when it subsides, my hands shake pretty bad for a bit.  Years ago, I would feel like I was going to pass out. I'm extremely grateful for your help.  It happened today and right now I feel pretty good.

Hi Toby,

I noticed that you are taking medications for anxiety, but perhaps these drugs may contribute to the symptoms you are talking about. Look up the drug and look for side effects.  Most forms of anxiety are caused by hypoglycemia (,)
This causes the over-production of stress hormones. These form the symptoms of mood disorders over which you would not have conscious control.  Doctors usually do not recognize hypoglycemia as a disease, and therefore do not know how to test for it or treat it.
This can be treated without resort to drugs by going on a Hypoglycemic Diet (

Also read:
Beating Anxiety and Phobia

Let me know how you go?
Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman
Also at Facebook:

Panic Disorders/Attacks

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapy of various mood disoders

Editor of the Hypoglycemic health Association of Australia

web site;

Author of the book:
"Getting off the Hook", It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. Various articles in the Hypoglycemic Health Association's Newsletters

BA (Psych) Sydney University; Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)