Panic Disorders/Attacks/Weights and anxiety

Question
I'm 43, married, two kids, football coach and high school teacher.  Throughout the years after a workout, my hands, arms, sometimes legs will begin tingling and will get so bad my hands will begin to draw up to where I can't hold anything.  It almost looks like a stoke but my heart is fine..it might be beating real fast, but is fine. Today I lifted heavy, last set for my arms I was driving home and ten min. Into my trip my hands started tingling and drawing up. I made it to the emergency room parking lot but was calmed down and went to the store, bought groceries and all is well.  I do suffer from anxiety. I take medication as needed.  What causes the limbs to tingle and draw up? On occasions I've had to call 911.  By the time they get to me the drawing up and  tingling is subsiding.  They check sugar, there aren't any heart pains, my heart checks out fine.  Have you ever heard of such?  I feel like when I work out really good and I get a good pump...every now and then, the pump begins to tingle and I get a little nervous. Oh...when it subsides, my hands shake pretty bad for a bit.  Years ago, I would feel like I was going to pass out. I'm extremely grateful for your help.  It happened today and right now I feel pretty good.

Answer
Toby,
Hi.... PLEASE UNDERSTAND FIRST OF ALL THAT I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND YOU NEED TO FOLLOW YOUR DOCTORS ADVICE OVER MINE. I WILL BE GLAD TO GIVE YOU MY OPINION IN THAT I HAVE TOTALLY EXPERIENCED THIS EXACT SAME NUMBNESS, TINGLING AND HANDS DRAWING UP ALSO.
IN MY CASE, IT WAS DUE TO ME HYPERVENTALATING. I WAS ALWAYS UNDER STRESS AND I TENDED TO RUB MY FINGERS TOGETHER OUT OF A "NERVOUS HABIT". YOU NEED TO TAKE A REALLY GOOD LOOK AT YOUR LIFE. YOU MAY BE UNDER A LOT MORE STRESS THAN YOU THINK. ARE YOU WANTING TO BUILD YOUR BODY UP FOR "YOU" OR "SOMEONE ELSE"?? ONLY YOU KNOW THAT. YOU HAVE A WIFE, KIDS AND ALL OF THE STRESS OF KEEPING EVERYBODY HAPPY ALONG WITH IT ALL. DO YOU FEEL GUILTY FOR TAKING "ALONE TIME"? YOU HAVE A "LOT" OF PEOPLE LOOKING AT YOU AS A "ROLE MODEL"... EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE, YOU HAVE STUDENTS LOOKING AT YOU. AND... YOU ARE LOOKING (AND REMEMBERING) WHEN YOU WERE THE AGE OF THE KIDS YOU ARE NOW TEACHING... ARE YOU LOOKING AT YOURSELF AS CHANGING??? SHOWING SIGNS OF AGING?? ARE YOU O.K. WITH THAT OR, DOES IT WORRY YOU THAT YOU ARE ALMOST 45 YEARS OLD?? GOING THROUGH OUR 40'S IS NOT EASY. I SEE MY OWN CHILDREN (WE ARE ALWAYS PARENTS) ...LOL GOING THROUGH A HARD TIME RIGHT NOW WHILE TURNING 40...OMG...THEY SAY! WHAT HAPPENED???...LOL
THAT IS EASY TO SAY BUT, NOT FUNNY WHEN YOU ARE GOING THROUGH IT. YOU NEED TO TAKE A "TRUTHFULL" LOOK AT YOUR LIFE AND FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD. SOMETHING IS KEEPING YOU ANXIOUS I BELIEVE AND YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. AFTER YOU "GET A GRIP" ON YOUR LIFE, THINGS WILL FALL INTO PLACE AND YOU WILL GET MORE PIECE OF MIND. I BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE OVERWHELMED WITH LIFE THESE DAYS AND ARE FIGHTING SOME OF YOUR TRUE FEELINGS.
I HOPE I HAVE HELPED YOU IN SOME WAY. THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION AS I DO NOT HAVE MUCH TO GO ON BUT YOUR 1 EMAIL...
BLESSINGS,
CAROLINA

Panic Disorders/Attacks

Carolina