Panic Disorders/Attacks/anxiety/ panic

Question
Hello, thank you for taking the time to advise and help people. I asked another expert, who gave a very thoughtful response, but the bottem line was to see a therapist, which for several readons i am not really considering.My question is as follows. I am anxious by nature. I was a very anxious child, and now as an adult I find that when I think about certain topics I feel very strong waves of panic, I always manage to keep them inside, and drinking helps alleviate the feeling.  However everyone in my family,  save for me, has been in theraly and a parent and sibling have suffered severe mental breakdowns resulting in a long lasting change in personality and behavior. I havealways managed to keep my anxiety completely on the inside, but being now married I am wondering if these waves of anxiety are a problem and what I could do about it. ( my wife doesn't like my drinking as much as I have been) any advice on how to control these feelings would be great. I apologize for the lengh of the question

Answer
CHARLES,
SOME PARTS OF THE WORDING I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND. REMEMBER, I AM NOT A DOCTOR. HERE IS MY OPINION.
YOU SAID THAT YOU FEEL THESE WAVES OF ANXIETY WHEN YOU "THINK ABOUT CERTAIN TOPICS" BUT... YOU DID NOT SAY WHAT THE TOPICS WERE. FOR THAT REASON I HAVE TO SAY, EITHER WRITE ME BACK WITH THE TOPICS OR, FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS ABOUT THOSE TOPICS THAT UPSET YOU. THE ONLY WAY TO GET OVER AND BEYOND THOSE THINGS IS TO DEAL WITH THEM.
WE ALL HAVE SOMETHING SEEMS LIKE, FROM OUR CHILDHOOD THAT EATS AWAY AT US FOR A WHILE. I DID! IT WAS NOT UNTIL I LEARN TO TALK IT OUT WITH SOMEONE THAT WOULD "NEVER" OPEN THEIR MOUTH OR... JUDGE ME THAT, I FOUND HELP.
THAT IS PROBABLY WHY THE OTHER EXPERT SUGGESTED THERAPY. IT GIVES YOU A UNBIASED PERSON THAT CAN NOT TELL OTHERS THAT KNOW YOU AND IT MAKES IT BETTER ON YOU TO HAVE THAT PRIVACY.
I KNOW YOU ARE NOT FOR "THERAPY" RIGHT NOW AND THAT IS YOUR CHOICE. BUT... YOU DO NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THESE "TOPICS" SO MAYBE YOU CAN GET A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE ON WHAT IT REALLY MEANS FOR YOU.
I AM RIGHT HERE IF YOU NEED TO OPENLY DISCUSS THEM AND MAYBE, GET SOME HELP WITH HOW TO GET YOUR DRINKING UNDER CONTROL BEFORE IT BREAKS UP YOUR MARRIAGE AND YOUR LIFE!
BLESSINGS!
CAROLINA

Panic Disorders/Attacks

Carolina