Panic Disorders/Attacks/Fear of death

Question
I have a terrible fear of death. I try to meditate but I cannot as I get real panicky and my mind keeps thinking of death. I would like to know if you believe the soul is out of the body at the moment of death ? I have watched my love one die and I sure did not feel his soul had left his body as he was terrified. Death is something that should not happen and I feel hopeless at the hands of this frightening beast I am 60 and scared to live encase I die, Can you help ease my fears so I can learn to live again I have suffered from Agoraphobia ptsd and phobias. I have tried EFt cognitive behavioural therapy, I also get very off balance when I walk it is like my soul is in front of my body or leaves my body and comes back in nano seconds and I get a quick ztt sort of dizziness like I left for a moment , I get spacey and feel like my gait is wrong somehow.my muscles in my buttocks or sitter bone is so sore and my shoulders are always pulled up and aching. I had some sort of control on my fear until last year I lost my nephew and in jan this year I lost my sister to liver cancer and 5 days later my best friend passed whilst I was at the funeral of my sister
I am always thinking I have cancer or some form of illness and that I know is my fear of death
Why does one have to be born to die
Thank you
Rosemay

Answer
Rosemary,
Again, I apologize as I have had a lot going on and just could not get to the computer.
I am not sure if you are seeing a doctor or are on any medications at the moment. REMEMBER.... I am Not a doctor but, I will give you my opinion...
I, myself believe that the way that some of handle death is about the same way that "separation anxiety" works. It is something that you and I have absolutely no control over and therefore, it scares the heck out of us. We do not understand why we are all born and live this life and then.... we die. We feel that we do not know what happens to us after that point and we are no longer with people that we know here with us now.
We over-think everything....
I lost my best friend when I was only 12 years old. Talk about Freaking out!!! I had panic attacks so bad, I just felt like I was losing it. AND, the bad part about that (because we are the same age, you and I), we had NO help for any kind of mental problems as, the doctors did not know about mental illness back then. the only place we knew we would end up is in a hospital as mental illness was looked at really twisted....
I knew that when I was young and also knew to keep my mouth shut for fear of ending up there. I did not have parents that understood it either...it was just a "get over it" kind of attitude. Soooo, I lived many, many years in the walls of fear with many phobias that came upon me for years! It was not until I was in my 50s that I connected that fear to separation anxiety....
I went through the very same thing like, I would feel like I was leaving my body or feel a LOT like I was going to pass out. I stayed in my house for a year and a half and did not go to the mailbox. I was raising 2 kids and my husband had to go to work. The crying of my kids and them playing loud or arguing made me feel very nervous. Those were years of Hell for me and if someone offered those days over again, I would have to say NO!. Agoraphobia is an AWFUL way to live your life! I hope you are able to get out of your home. As far as the anxiety goes... There are many medications that can help with that. As far as your fear everyday of Death.... That is something you need to work on. I can tell you that I know this FOR SURE!
Our living situations, people and family, finances etc. that are in your life right now is a major reason for your stress. When our stress levels get high, that triggers our constant anxiety and sends us into a whirlwind of thoughts and overwhelming anxiety that starts to control us.
You need to look at your life and see what is your Major Stresses. There are some people that can keep us rattled if we chose to keep them in our lives. Are you afraid of being alone? Does it bother you that you do not feel you even know YOU? Are you able to control your life right now without the constant help of others?
These are some things you need to look at. Meditation will only help you if you allow it to. I meditate and Calm myself. And I will do it several times a day. Everyone needs peace of mind and you are not getting it. The reason that we are born and we die is OUT OF OUR CONTROL!!! We did not create man and therefore, we have not got the say in what happens to us. We have to trust that we will all be o.k. and realize that it is just something we will never understand.
It can drive you crazy if you let it BUT, there is no need in letting it get to that point!
Start with seeing a good doctor and be extremely Thankful that times have changed and we do have help now. Not knowing your exact situation, this is what I can pass on to you tonight. I hope it helps you some. If you have anxiety, panic attacks that have now turned into phobia's....you definitely need to talk to someone. I am so much better now but, it was not until years later for me. I now understand so much more than I did before. I can not let my stress level get higher than I can take or my panic attacks will return. Please keep in touch! I am on here because I do not want people to go through the Hell that I went through!
Hugs!
Carolina  

Panic Disorders/Attacks

Carolina