Paranormal Phenomena/I need real help

Hi Greg,
I wrote to an expert in the category of paranormal phenomena about a year or so ago regarding activity that was happening in my home. I was told to have my house blessed. As well I have been regularly using Holy water when I feel things are getting worse. Nothing has worked and I might add that things are worse.
To quickly let you know what is happening, I am a mother of a young son (three years old). I work days in a nursing home and Tyler, my son, goes to a day home.  I have lived here since he was born. It is just him and I. It is a quite ordinary house in a quite neighborhood. It diffidently does not look like a typical haunted house, but it acts like one. Things that have happened are an unusual odor that is noticed occasionally. I hear someone walking upstairs when there is nobody up stairs. These are definite distinct  heel - toe foot steps as if they were made by someone wearing men's shoes or boots., there's no mistake. Lights are found on when I know that they have been turned off as I an very thorough about things like that. There are no wiring problems. On a couple of occasions I have woken to water running in the bathroom sink attached to the master bedroom. My son has no access to that particular bathroom, and I would know if the tap were left on as I sleep only a few feet from the door. Incidentally, I have a motion detector in the upper hall to alert me in the event that my son gets up during the night. It never goes off unless there is a reason. It has never gone off during the foot steps or the light incidents.
Last year I had my parish priest over to bless the house. Now I need help. Any advice or should I consider moving? I have enough worldly things on my mind without the added burden of the strange and unwanted.

Caveat Utilitor... let the user beware. I feel that that applies here. Incidentally I changed your letter from Private to Public as it does not contain any information that is personal and the reply may be of benefit to others who have a similar issue.

The advice[?] that you were given was dangerous. In the majority of cases - the vast majority -religious ceremonial blessings and cleansing are a band aid solution and usually results in a worsening of the events and circumstances! Documented case after case spanning a hundred years supports that.

Here is what likely happened. You were plagued by events that caused you to seek help. You took the advice and had a religious rite performed. The occurrences subsided for awhile. The occurrences came back stronger than before. That sequence of events is nearly a textbook example of a blessing gone wrong. In 95% of the cases it just does not work. Unfortunately you were given a "hocus-pocus" new age answer to an age old problem.  Some people have a single "solution" for nearly every problem. I personally wouldn't seek out the help of any doctor that had only one cure regardless of the symptom or ailment.

I have written about this issue before and can not stress enough: do not use religion unless you know who or what you are dealing with. It usually just makes the entity angry. There are those who will disagree with me. They will insist the the old, "...Christ compels you..." rhetoric is the only solution. It may work if the entity believes in Christ - but as far as I know, Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, Muslims and even atheists like me die and some become ghosts. Realize that I am not trying to appear as anti religion. Different strokes for different folks. The forest would be a pretty boring place if only one type of bird were allowed the privilege to sing. Let's work at getting a handle on your situation. To that end please write to me personally at

and I will lead you through the proper methods to remedy your situation. I look forward to hearing from you personally. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ciao for now,

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.