Paranormal Phenomena/Childhood memories

I wish to relate something that happened to me 35 years age when I was 10 years old. I remember lying in bed one night when I was awaken by something that seemed to be in my room. I ddefinitely  saw someone standing at the foot of my bed. I remember screaming and my mother and father came in running, but when they got there, the person was gone. I believe that it was an old lady who was staring at me that night. Was this a ghost??? And if so who???

Hello Marilyn,

I have to be totally honest. As I was not there, I can neither state with absolute one hundred percent certainty as to the identity of your visitor or whether it was a ghost, spirit, apparition or a hallucination. And to be honest, anyone who states with absolute certainty that they can are cold faced liars. Period. That includes psychic/mediums. Oh they might say that they can, but then they are not only misleading you, but also themselves. It has been, after all, three and a half decades. [Note that I use the word "absolute"]

I am also glad that you kept the facts brief and to the point. By this I mean that after the amount of time that has passed memory is bound to fail in certain aspects and be embellished in others. Studies have shown that eye witness testimony is not as reliable as we think, and time can be a major factor. Thanks for keeping it to the barest of details in this case, as usually I require as much info as possible. A true example of "less is more".  

I will not deny that you may have seen an entity that was from the death realm. It is also possible that you may have seen the apparition of a living person, as the majority of apparitions that are witnessed are in fact of the living, not of the dead as many would either assume, or plainly not realize. I saw my first full body ghost when I was seven. It was that experience that was the catalyst responsible for a near lifetime of study and exploration, and subsequently discoveries, iof this field.

As I already mentioned, the whole event may have been a hallucination of a young impressionable mind. Add the fact that it happened in bed [ever notice how many ghost stories involve the ghost who stands at the foot of the bed? There is a reason, scientific and logical, behind the phenomena] and I would say that the event may have been a visual hallucination from the result of being in a hypnagogic state [or as you say you were awakened, a hypnopompic state to be correct]. States where the twain between REM sleep and semiconsciousness have met.

If whom you saw was indeed a visitor from the dead, as it very likely was, it could have been either a ghost or a spirit, depending on where she came from. Psychics will say that it was a grandmother. If the grandmothers were alive, then a great-grand mother, or an aunt, or a great aunt, or a guardian [a favorite] or  Mary Poppins [talk is cheap where provability is impossible]. The truth is that it could have been any of the above, except Mary Poppins, or a complete stranger who just happened to be passing by and took a peek at a sleeping child. If she were a spirit, you may have seen your guardian spirit or guardian angel. Unless it is absolutely necessary, guardians, although always present, do not usually show themselves to us mere mortals [true psychic/mediums are a different matter]. The eyes [physiologically] and the untapped psychical abilities of a child are what allowed you to see this entity. As well, Canadian research has shown that csome children possess a brainwave frequency that may allow for greater psychic ability [outside of the Beta/Alpha/Delta/Theta patterns that we are all familiar with]. In short you may have indeed, and very likely did, meet your guardian. Note: To the psychic/mediums who are in a snit about my turn about - I state "likely" as I can not state with 100% absolute certainty proof of anything otherwise.

Childhood experiences are fantastic. Needless to say that I have interviewed many a child who has claimed to have encountered a being from another realm, and needless to say many have rational reasons behind them. What makes this area of exploration interesting are the cases that defy rational explanations. There-in lays the treasure in the quest.

I hope that this has helped in some way. If you need more assistance feel free to contact me, I am here to help!

Take care,

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.