Paranormal Phenomena/Mystery Encounter

Question
This happened to me over 20 years ago while I was still living at home with my parents. The situation was that I worked the overnight shift and my parents worked days. On the morning in question, I was in bed to sleep before my parents ever left for work. Sometime between 9am and 1pm I was awakened by a series of events. I remember I definitely woke up and was not still asleep. The first thing that woke me up was that our little poodle that was sleeping with me tensed and began growling very low. I had my hand on her and was immediately scared. In fact I was too scared to open my eyes. As the dog continued growling I tightened my grip on her so she wouldn't move to the end of the bed. That is my second "event". In my room there was a window at the foot of my bed that the sunlight would shine through on sunny days like this one was. While I'm keeping my dog from moving to the end of the bed, I could clearly tell that "someone" had walked to the foot of me bed and they were blocking the light that was previously shining through the window. At this point I was so scared that I was concerned about my safety and despite trying to carefully and slightly open my eyes I could not. At this point I began experiencing a slowly increasing ringing in my ears. The last thing I remember was the dog stopped growling and whatever was blocking the sunlight moved. I believe I "blacked out at this point". I don't know how much time passed from when the event ended and when I woke up but I immediately got up to investigate the house and look for any signs that someone else had entered the house. The first thing I noticed was the back door was unlocked. My parents admitted to leaving the door unlocked. Upon searching the house I noticed that all the windows were closed and locked and no valuables were missing.
As a sidenote,I feel I should mention a previously unknown event that happened to my sister when she lived at home and slept in the same room where my event occurred. Years later, after telling my sister what happened to me she shared her story with me. She explained that she was awakened late one night by a girl standing beside her bed "nudging" her trying to get her attention. Incredibly, my sister was not alarmed by this because the girl had long hair like our sister. She just assumed it was her trying to wake her up so they could sneak out to a party. In fact, my sister remembered saying leave me alone I'm too tired tonight. It wasn't until she confronted our sister the next day that she began to realize it was someone else. She recalled that the girl had her face hidden behind her hair and that the girl seemed to be "slouching".
Also, it may or may not be important but our house sat a "stones throw" from the main cemetery in our small town.
I'm hoping you can "solve" this mystery for me to the best of your ability. I have always wondered who or what was in my room that day. I hope you can give me some answers.
Thank you

Answer
Hello and Thank you for writing. This does sound like you may have a spirit visitor , as Our pets are good "ghost detectors" of sorts, they can sense things that we cannot. So this adds to the assumption that there may be some presence there.

By what you are saying, it seems this "spirit" has not tried to intentionally scare you?

As it may just be a curious "child spirit", because if your sister has claimed to see an apparition, this very well could be the same one?

You may want to try and set up a video camera one night in the corner of your room, or even during the day when no one is home, maybe see if you can capture some activity.

You may also want to check the back ground of the home, look online for old Obituaries and the like , many resources out there to do this, maybe you can try and get a name for a your visitor?

To me it sounds harmless and I would not stress out about it, try some investigative work and by all means let me know if you get anything, also, you can try and capture spirit voices (evp) with a simple voice recorder, just get a digital recorder and ask some questions, any questions, ask "whats your name?" , "why are you here?", very simple questions, ask them aloud, leave at least a minute or two in between the questions, then get some head phones and listen back to your recordings, you may just get some answers!

Let me know if you get any thing if you decide to do some investigating, I would be intrested to know!  

Paranormal Phenomena

Robert E Reid