Paranormal Phenomena/contact with spirits through dreams.

Hello, I have an experience I would like to share with you and perhaps get some feedback on if it is worth your time.  In 2007 my father passed away from lung cancer that mastescized to his brain over several years.  about six months after passing I got an email from Erin Dowell,(a family friend whose parents were close to mine.)  The email explained to me a dream she had where her, my mother, my younger brother and myself were all sitting around a table at an establishment.  Then, Erin saw a bright light start to shine from the side of the table floating in the middle of the air, until it expanded and started taking the shape of my father.  Though he was different in appearance, like the light was the mass of his body and there was some sort of electromagnetic static radiating from him. almost as if he was a sentient digital image.  He then communicated to Erin that it is hard for him to try and talk to us but that he knows it is possible, and to tell us that he loves us a lot and that there is great things to discover about life.  I have dreams with him in them, and I know my brother does too.  None quite as lucid as Erin's. My father was very family oriented and cared about a lot and was wondering if you had any thought about trying to go deeper into pursuing a connection through sleep intentionally?

Hello Aaron,

I am one who believes that dreams can give one a glimpse of the would beyond the veil, but that for the most part, dreams are just that - dreams, and so they should be as they exist for a psychological and physiological reason. It is very well a possibility that you are indeed in visitation with your father while you are asleep as sleeping changes the brain wave activity to a different, lower frequency. Sleeping is considered an altered state of consciousness [ASC]. Of altered states there are approximately 20 categories. The states that you are referring to are likely the dream sleep with REM or dream sleep without REM. Both fall in the Delta to Theta wavelengths. Delta activity falls between .5 - 4 Hz and Theta falls in the 4 - 8 Hz. range [a hertz is a cycle per second]. Some psychics, particularly "trance mediums' can will themselves into these altered states of "reality", as can those experienced and apt at meditation. [Some people state that Delta activity starts at 0 Hz, but since that is technically "brain dead" it is a state that one should try to avoid for as long as possible].

The experiences that you discribe do indeed have an "astral" flavor to them. It is often what happens and the way that it is presented that differentiates between a normal dream and a psi dream.

Aaron, in my opinion it may be best to let your father initiate the contact. The reason that I say that is that when novices attempt contact between realms, a whole lot can go wrong in a short amount of time. People rant and rave about the use of the ouija board as being a dangerous tool. To be correct though, any tool is only as good as it's wielder. Put me in front of a band saw and this would be the last reply I send using all of my fingers. Experience matters! Any tool of contacting the deceased, be it the ouija board, pendulum, seance, lucid dreaming or what have you can put one in a vulnerable position to forces from beyond their control. As much as tools of contact can be negative, they are safe for those who use them intelligently and with all safety precautions met or exceeded [I'm one who exceeds, I take no chances - there are a lot of creeps on the other side]. If you do decide to attempt contact, proceed slowly and with caution. A lot of the aforementioned "creeps" will pretend to be someone other than who they really are. I personally would advise against it. Let your father come through to you.

A final reason is that you want your father to live the new life that is ahead of him. There is so much more in the spirit world to learn, experience and enjoy that he should be spending the majority of his time there. Allow him to visit when he can, or when there is a real need for his attendance. Chances are that he wants you to know that he is fine, healthier and better than he ever was while on earth and to let you know that life literally goes on. There is no greater love than a spirit informing their loved ones that every thing is okay and giving you a smile and a thumbs up!

I hope that this has in some small way cleared up some of your concerns. If there is anything else that I can do for you, I'm here to help. I wish you and your's all of the best of the holiday season and have a great new year!

Take care,  

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.