Paranormal Phenomena/Ghosts interrupting cellphone call?

The other night I was on the phone with my boyfriend at about 11 pm. I was multitasking looking up something on the internet with my ipod touch, so i was only half paying attention to him on the line. All of the sudden I started hearing static and loud strange noise, and steady breathing coming from his end. It sounded like he was doing something making noise but his breathing was very clear and steady. I asked him about three times what he was doing, no answer but the breathing continued along with loud noise so I hung up. I got a strange feeling that something was wrong with him. I called back & it went straight to voicemail. He then called me back twice, but when i answered the line was dead. About 7 min later and he third time he called me back i could hear him and he was freaking out. I asked him what he was doing when I heard him breathing and he wasnt answering me and he said that wasnt him and he heard the breathing as well. He also said that his phone made 2 outgoing calls to random numbers not in his phone that looked like international numbers. He heard static and crystal clear voices when these calls were made. He said he thought what he just witnessed was "white noise". He does not believe in ghosts. I didnt ask him what they were saying bc quite frankly I was scared and didnt want to know. I tried calming him down saying at&t was probably having network problems, and that it could be something similar to when you would play with walkie-talkies as a kid and pick up others frequency's and hear their convo. However I know that does not explain what happened at all. So, my question is, technology messing up or ghost interferance? Any logical explanations?

The incident you describe screams cell phone hacked loud and clear. There are several ways to hack cell phones and iPads, particularly 3g pads and wifi. There is also the common practice of cloning. This allows someone to monitor all your calls as well as call any number in the world on your dime. Both of you check the cell carrier and insure unauthorized use of your phone has not occurred. Another condition that can occur is cross talk, where at the cell tower repeater more than one connection can interfere with one another.

We are a long way from having any proof of paranormal here. All the normal, common causes have to first be eliminated. Let me know if there is additional issues.

Paranormal Phenomena

David Rountree

I have been doing scientific research into the paranormal since 1976. My answers are rooted in sound scientific principles and proposed theories on cause and effect of paranormal phenomena. I can answer equipment questions, what is measured, what it means, and how to put it all together.

Investigating, experimenting, and studying the paranormal since 1976

Acting Executive Director - Professional Society for the Advancement of Paranormal Research Director - S.P.I.R.I.T. Lab Co-Director - NJPRG Co-Founder - NJPIC Life Member - NJGHS Professional Member - American Association for the Advancement of Science Professional Member - International Frequency Sensor Association Professional member - Audio Engineering Society Professional Member - Rhine Research Center Consultant - Paranexus Anomalous Research Inc.

The Journal of Paranormal Research Visions Magazine online Author - "Paranormal Technology - Understanding the science of ghost hunting" Numerous paranormal related web sites - Google me.

B.S.E.E. Microwave Technology Minor in Physics M.S.E.E. Digital Signal processing Minor in particle Physics Currently working on PHD - Physics

Client list is confidential