Paranormal Phenomena/ringing of disconnected bell

Question
During the morning on New years eve (just gone)I talked to my mum who died in 2010 and asked her to let us know she was around us. That evening around 5pm an old type bell with a little hammer that has been left fixed above our kitchen door since we moved here 13 years ago started ringing. My 20 year old daughter was in the kitchen too. It is disconnected and was once a door bell way before we came. It has never made any sound before. I had no idea how to stop it ringing, in desperation I called out to mum to stop the bell. It stopped. I said to my daughter why do these things happen when my son Michael isn't here, he will never believe us. Later around 7pm when Michael returned home from work, we stood in the kitchen while he poured a beer and I related what happened. He didn't believe me and with that the bell rang again for a short time and stopped. He almost spilt his beer in shock. Could it have been mum wishing us a happy new year?

Answer
Quite possibly. Several psychics talk about ghosts passing over and becoming pure spirits then coming back for a visit to reveal their presense. It's not like a haunting with activity going on for months or years; it's considered a visitation (at least by me) when a spirit that has passed over reveals it to its loved ones -

Paranormal Phenomena

William Uchtman