Paranormal Phenomena/strange scent

Question
Hi, I would appreciate some help if it's not bothersome. All day today (Jan 7th 2013) I have been smelling vanilla. It's been pretty frequent too. I have looked around at a couple of candles in the house to see if it's the same scent but they're nowhere close. I haven't baked anything recently so I find it rather odd to be smelling vanilla. I've heard that it can be related to a spirit visiting me that had a similar smell in the past. It smells like someone just took a bottle of real vanilla extract and waved it under my nose multiple times today. Any help about what this could mean would be very helpful. I'm so very grateful for your time, thank you!

Answer
Hello Valerie, thanks for writing. What you are describing is one indicator we look for when questioning folks when we arrive to investigate a location. This is one of the "ole factory" senses that seem to happen during certain spirit visitations. Many times people can smell perfume of "grandma" or "pop pop's" cologne smell. Many also report wood burning smells and candy as well. So it would not surprise me if this was a spirit, it is some how their favorite taste or smell. So this is not uncommon and is actually one of the most widely reported parts of spirit activity next to hearing foot steps!

Not that I am saying 100% what you have is a Vanilla smelling spirit, but it could be or it could simply be a smell that blew in the window or something leaked out in a cub-bard or something. But it is something we do indeed look for or should I say "smell" for on an investigation.

Paranormal Phenomena

Robert E Reid