Paranormal Phenomena/Haunted workplace?

I work in an industrial factory. Because it is fairly hectic there is nothing noticed in the actual work areas. However, some of us here think that the lunch room may be haunted! Some of us hav e felt the presence of something that we can not see (actually someone did mention once that she thought that she saw a shadow move past the door). Most of us just feel uncomfprtable in that room. One of the fellows who work here has become very depressed and has had to take off from work. Do you have any opinion on what may be happening? Thank you.

ANSWER: Hello,

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts / Paranormal Phenomena with your question. I need to have more information about your workplace in order to give you my best opinion. To that end I need you to answer a few questions for me.

1. Do people feel uneasy in the whole lunch room in general or are the feelings particular to a certain spot or area.
2. What exactly surrounds the lunch room. By this I mean what is located on the other sides of the walls of the lunch room. Also is there a room above and/or below and what is there if there is?
3. What are the duties of the gent who is getting depressed and where does he work?

Any additional information that you can supply me with would help. Please do not send the name of the company or any personal information about yourself or your colleagues. I look forward to your follow up reply.

Ciao for now,
Greg Pocha / All Experts / Paranormal Phenomena

QUESTION: Hello again,

People feel uneasy in the whole lunch room, but yes, there seems to be more unrest in the corner opposite the door. The layout of the room is that there is a hallway out side, the enterance is to the right. against the wall to the right are windows. Straight across are tables going from right to left 9the uneasy feeling are more at tables along that wall. On the left wall are vending machines and two refridgerators. refrigerators.

Opposite the far side where the tables are is a lot of machinery on the other side of the wall. Above the room are offices, I think payroll, and beneith are generators and all of the electrical power boxes and stuff.

My friend who has the depression works as an electrician and is usually in the basement.

The building itself is fairly new, built in 2013. I know there have been no deaths here due to accidents. If ther is anything else you need to know please ask away!

Thanks again.

Fantastic. The information was what I needed to know. No, I do not believe that your work place, the lunch room particularly is haunted. There are likely no ghosts, no entities, nothing at all preternatural. There are earthly explanations for the strange feelings that you and your fellow employees are encountering. The reasons are found both inside and surrounding the room. Let me explain.

The room has electrical equipment, pretty heavy duty I assume, below it. It also has electrical appliances with-in it. Both are sources of electromagnetic pollution. Refrigerators can give off high levels of electromagnetic energy. One haunting that I did was pretty much solved when we had the client move her chair away from the wall opposite the kitchen where the fridge and the chair were separated by a regular wall. The EMF levels were very high where the chair was located. EMFs can effect certain people, those sensitive to them, in many averse ways. One is feeling sensations of being watched or the presence of an unseen entity, vague visual hallucinations, hearing things [auditory hallucinations]and/or the feeling of being touched or stroked.

You also mention machinery opposite the far wall. There is an excellent chance that this machinery is producing infra sound. These are sound frequencies that fall below our normal range of hearing [20 - 20,000 hz.]. Noise below 20 hz.  as a rule is inaudible to us, but it can effect us. It can cause all of the hallucinations associated with high EMFs. Even the most ardent skeptic of the paranormal may feel haunt-like sensations if exposed to infra sound and is sensitive to it.

You can see that your environment is largely responsible for the feelings and the phenomena many of you are experiencing. The solution would be to move the lunch room. At the very least move the tables to the wall where the door is as the wall across, where you state the sensations are worse, has the machinery near it. If that helps at all, it won't be much. The entire lunch room should be moved to the higher level. It might be one for the suggestion box!

As for your depressed friend I believe that his very occupation may be responsible for his condition. Electricians actually have a higher suicide rate than others. A study was done and it seems that those who are exposed to extremely low frequency electromagnetic radiation were more likely to become depressed. Research shows that exposure can effect the melatonin levels and decreased melatonin can cause depression. The cumulative effect of exposure to these low frequency EMFs may be the reason for your friends depression. I highly advise that your friend see his doctor to be certain that there are no other reasons for his condition. Depression is nothing to be ashamed of, it is a chemical imbalance and can usually be treated. Again, if your friend has not seen a doctor, please advise him to do so.

Well, I hope that this has helped clear up your concerns about what is occurring at your factory. A few changes may make all the difference in the world. I am willing to bet that the sensations are felt more in the winter. Reason one being that the air is drier and that can also cause "creepy" sensations and two, people tend to eat lunch outdoors more decreasing the exposure to the EMF and infra sound pollution. By the way, both EMF and infra sound levels can be measured with the proper instruments, so you may wish to have the environment tested. If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to get in touch and I get an answer out to you.

Take care,

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.