Paranormal Phenomena/What sort of mental health and behvioral effects can psychic abilities have

Greg Pocha wrote at 2013-11-19 03:53:50
Hi Mike,

My name is Greg Pocha and I am also an expert in the Category of Paranormal Phenomena here at All Experts. I would like to offer my opinion on your situation. To begin with I believe that the heart of your concern is the fact that she has changed her mind about pursuing a relationship with you, and you are attempting to find a reason.

There is a good chance that the answer is not going to be found in the parapsychological, but rather the psychological. What it sounds like is that she has made a conscious decision to not get involved with you and is "rationalizing" that decision. Rationalizing in psychological terms is a defense mechanism. She is making an excuse and doing so utilizing something referred to as ad hoc hypothesizing. She is using her "abilities" to justify her stand. She is likely doing this on a subconscious level or she may be trying to save you face and pain by transferring her feelings to her abilities rather than facing you directly with her feelings. This is not to say that she does not have genuine psychic abilities. I am saying that she may be using them as an excuse, as that is what rationalizing is, to stay out of a relationship. That is neither paranormal nor parapsychological.

Mike, there is also a chance that by looking for an answer in the parapsycholocical that you yourself are guilty of ignoring the facts and are attempting to rationalize behavior. Sometimes the truth is a hard pill to swallow.

Greg Pocha / All Experts Paranormal Phenomena  

Paranormal Phenomena

Michael Clark, Ph.D.