Paranormal Phenomena/Pain in left shoulder/arm and spiritual practice

Question
Hi Ama, In answering a question on April 30, 2011 you wrote, " Many of us who are Spiritual Warriors have an injury to our left side or arm on the physical plane." I'm very curious about this as I definitely consider myself a spiritual warrior and I've had long-standing pain under my left shoulder blade. It has for many years felt like a chronic, deep knotted muscle, but when it flairs up it spreads into the left side of the neck, shoulder and arm. For several years I've thought it had to do with abandonment or feelings of rejection and have also been aware of the left side as the more feminine and receptive. Your response from 2011 is however the first I've heard it linked to spiritual warriorship or seeking. Also, my mother and sister both also have left shoulder pain, but neither would consider themselves spiritual. Thank you for any light you can shed on this long- standing discomfort. If love to have new ways to work with it. Best, Jennifer

Answer
You are welcome, Jennifer.  

Who we are when we are in our human bodies, is not necessarily who we are when we are our spiritul 'selves', outside our bodies.  Each life time we choose the path we will follow, and the beliefs we will hold.  When we are sleeping, and 'astral travelling' as the saying goes, we often do things that would surprise us when we are awake.  In other words, we don't have to be spiritual when awake to be spiritual warriors when we sleep.

On a more mundane level, it might be that each of the females in your family have a genetic fault in your musculature, or nervous system, that causes you the pain.  Has each of you been investigated to see if that is possible?

My favourite metaphysical writers say:

Shoulder pain represents our ability to carry our experiences in life joyously. We choose to make life a burden by our attitude.   Louise L. Hay in her book "Heal your body"

The Shoulders have to do with literally not shouldering your responsibility.  The left shoulder has to do with guilt that is stopping you from being responsible to understand yourself, so that you can just be yourself.  The right shoulder is to do with guilt that is causing you to not take responsibility to gain for yourself from whatever you do.  Annette Noontil in her book "The Body is the barometer of the soul"

And then there is  "The secret language of your body" by Inna Segal:  The shoulders are to do with carrying the world on your shoulders. Holding onto too much strain, stress and worry.
Feeling insecure, unsure, frightened, overwhelmed, sad, rejected, distrustful and discouraged.
Easily hurt.  Droopy shoulders indicate lack of joy and fun, seriousness and focusing on problems rather than solutions.

If we go by what these people suggest, shoulder problems are to do with how we cope with our stress and tension.  We might have some weakness in the area that causes the pain, that is made worse by our attitudes and beliefs.  

That being said, mine was caused by a wound, because I remember when it happened.  Why they do not heal totally, being only spiritual wounds, may well relate to how we cope in our lives.

Love & Peace
Ama  

Paranormal Phenomena

Ama Nazra