Paranormal Phenomena/Paranormal Memory

Question
Hello, I've heard of cases where people will lose parts of their memory and suffer from a time lapse with paranormal cases. I was wondering what about extreme memory loss cases. Like entire childhoods and years lost. What could cause something like that? And has there been other documented cases of this happening?

Answer
Hello Kris, this is a little out of my "Expertise", but I did find a little article on it that may be of some help-  http://www.pseudoparanormal.com/2012/07/selective-memory-problems.html

The only thing I can think of is that someone that suffers from this condition may have had some type of traumatic experiences and thus their Brain makes them forget it. But I am sure there are many reasons depending on the situations involved.
I'm sorry I could not have been much help with this topic.

Paranormal Phenomena

Robert E Reid