Paranormal Phenomena/Strange sensation on back - paranormal or paranoid?

Question

I've been experiencing something odd for the past few years that makes me worry, but it's a bit hard to explain. I often have a strange feeling on my back - it's not a physical feeling as such, but when I'm not distracted by other things, my mind is drawn straight to my back and how it 'feels' different to the rest of my body.

I'm not sure if this is related but when I was a child (at age 12 - I'm 22 now) my friends showed me how to play paranormal-type games. Looking back, I was so stupid to listen to them. I'm worried that might have done something to me. I'm religious, and I'm scared that this feeling on my back is some kind of scary evil paranormal thing.

I'm aware that I sound crazy but I can't get the feeling to go away and it really scares me. Do you have any idea what it might be? Is it just all in my head? Will it go away?

Thanks for helping,
Rebecca

Answer
Greetings Rebecca,

Thank you for contacting me on AllExperts.com. Its no problem at all and don't worry, I don't think you are "crazy" at all. As you may have seen by my introduction, I will NEVER immediately disregard any case or question submitted to me as I have experienced many different type of spiritual phenomena (both physical and emotional) as a boy growing up which is the reason as to why I became interested in this work in the first place. Working within this field and doing what I do has only provided the opportunities to experience more phenomena of different types and I am sure that there are people out there who would think I was crazy if I was to tell them of my personal experiences.

So, I can both sympathise and empathise with you Rebecca and you should know that you can talk to me in complete confidence and trust. I must of course keep an open mind to your question but this does not mean to say that I do not believe you. I will provide my answer based on my own personal beliefs and also based on my own in-depth research and experience within my field; Spiritual Phenomena.

You may receive a different answer if you were to ask the same question elsewhere but that is because there are many different beliefs and everyone has their own unique understanding of the field. This is not to say that I am right and they are wrong but I will say that I am recognised in the United Kingdom by a majority of other spiritualist professionals who have accepted my knowledge and even have others who follow in my footsteps so I can at least ensure you that what I say will be a professional answer which is trusted and based on factual information compiled from my research.

NOW, I do have to look at all the possibilities that come to mind, to rule out as process of elimination, the cause for this feeling which you are getting in your back. So, keeping this in mind, I have some additional questions which I would appreciate the answers to if you would be so kind. I would appreciate it if you could tell me the answers as it will enable me to provide you with a more informed answer.

Question 1 > What was it that you did exactly when you were younger in respect of these "paranormal-type games" as you say?

Question 2 > To your knowledge, have you ever experienced any health problems that might account for this or have you ever had any problems with your back?

Question 3 > Are you currently taking any medication or did you begin taking a course of medication at around the same time as the onset of this feeling? I ask this only because it is always possible for some medications to cause side effects such as this.

Question 4 > Does this feeling only occur at specific or significant times? For example, when you are getting out of bed, sitting or lying in a certain position, when lifting objects, after eating etc . . .

Question 5 > To the best of your knowledge, have you ever experienced any other events or phenomena which you might associate with that of spiritual or otherwise unknown phenomena?

Question 6 > I know it is difficult to explain how something feels but please could you as best you can describe the feeling to me? It might help if you compare the feeling to some other sensation. For example: It feels like a cold or warm sensation, a tingling sensation, 'pins & needles' etc . . .

I am sorry for all the additional questions Rebecca, but it will enable me to provide you with a more informed and professional answer, rather than me just saying "yes it is" or "no it isn't" as that wouldn't be very professional at all.

Just to let you know, you have set your question to 'public' which means that everyone can see your message. You are more than welcome to keep your question public or if you would prefer to reply to me in private and 100% confidential nature, you can always e-mail me directly at ashley@ashleyredfern.com. It entirely up to you.

I would just like to say Rebecca, that based on what you have told me so far, it is in my own personal and professional opinion that you don't have anything to be worried about. It certainly doesn't seem anything untoward, negative or even "evil" as you say. This is why I would like to ask you additional questions to make sure!

I do understand that you may feel scared but honestly Rebecca, but as I tell all my client's and questioners; you are NOT alone and if you continue to work with me, I promise that I will support you as support is the bottom line of my work. It helps to talk and so you can contact me directly via ashley@ashleyredfern.com or you can call my 24hr Spiritual Phenomena Support Helpline which if you care calling from oversees is (+44) 7789 419 321.

You can also visit my website at www.ashleyredfern.com and use the form on the Contact page to get in touch with me directly.

For now, DON'T worry, be strong and if you need to get in touch, please do so! I'm here to help!

I look forward to your reply and using your answers to complete my answer.

Once again, thank you for contacting me on Allexperts.com and I look forward to hearing from you again very soon.

Until I do, ciao for now!

Paranormal Phenomena

Ashley Redfern