Paranormal Phenomena/paranormal

Hi, about 25 years ago I was living in a place were many people died of old age, at this time I was able to see the faces of those who past. I never new why then one day I was looking out the window and seen a cross and a fork in the sky, and I was not sleeping. what do you think this means.

Hello Tiffany,

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts / Paranormal Phenomena. As always it is nice to hear from a fellow Canadian and I believe that you are the first e-mail that I have received from Quebec. Bonjour!

I am assuming that the home that you lived in in the past was some type of nursing home or care facility. It makes me think of a building that we have here in Edmonton, Alberta that was a geriatric hospital before being converted into expensive condos. As hospice care facilities, as we know them today were in their infancy 25 years ago I am going to rule that our.

Is it possible that you were then seeing the faces of those who had departed from their physical life? Perhaps. Places where people die can have a higher than usual ghost count. However the majority of those who passed would have likely gone immediately into the light, especially if they were expecting their death as dying would not have "caught them by surprise". Others would have followed their bodies to the funeral home, then to the service, and then gone either into the light or back to a place that held personal emotional significance to them while they were alive such as their original home or business [and occasionally a friend or relatives home [often much to the annoyance of the relatives]. Chances are that the nursing home was not that place. However, there would have been those who passed that were in the stages of mental deterioration - Alzheimer's or some form of dementia. The would have remained behind as confused, lost souls - ghosts.

However, in my opinion I believe that the faces that you witnessed was due more to residual phenomena rather than ghosts. Don't get me wrong, there is bound to be a few ghosts in this place, even today, but because of the nature of the residence, the types of people housed there and the associated emotional energies I believe that the place itself may be holding a lot of those energies. Residual phenomena is often referred to as a haunting. It is not. I have some information about residual phenomena here...

There is a chance that you were sensitive to the psychical events that took place in that residence, either due to something in the environment or as a latent natural ability. You do not mention when you saw these faces so there may have been psychological / physiological causes as well such as hypnagogic / hypnopompic stages.

If seeing the cross and fork in the sky helped put the ghostly faces in perspective for you that is good. In reality I would say that there was nothing more than the shape of a cross and the shape of a fork in the sky. It never fails to amaze me that when these symbols of divinity are seen how haphazard and shoddy the workman ship is, especially when you consider who the work man is. I would think that if a divine being created a cross in the sky as a symbol that it would be a perfect cross - perfect edges and total symmetry. Instead we get something that resembles a symbol, lumpy clouds forming something that resembles a cross. More happenstance and coincidence than a divine message.
  The same could be said about the fork - a symbol of Satan. Okay - not the original Satan but rather the one pieced together from various pagan religions. The fork came from the trident of the Roman mythological god Neptune [Poseidon/Greek]. The trident became known then as a pitchfork. Could the fork and cross have represented a Christian version of a Yin Yang symbol of opposing forces? Possible - yes. Probable - no. Could if have been the result of personal interpretation of of a few clouds melding into random shapes and subsequently being open to suggestions and interpretation? Possible - yes. Probably - yes. I suppose what is ultimately important is that what you witnessed held significance to you and helped you find answers and closure to something that has been with you to this present day.

Tiffany, I hope that this has help shed some light on your concerns. I thank you for sharing your experiences with me and others. Perhaps the ghosts of that home have found their ways home. They can take comfort in knowing that they touched someone such as yourself, someone who cared and perhaps that is all that they needed. If I can be of any more help please let me know.

Take care,

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.