Paranormal Phenomena/Astral Travel

Dear Mr. Pocha,

I am writing a report for school and I have decided to write about astral travel. I am suppose to seek the views of people who have knowledge in the area so I hope that you will be able to help me. May I ask what your opinions are regarding astral travel? Thank you very much for your time.
Marie R.

Hello Marie,

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts / Paranormal Phenomena with your question. I shall do my best to answer but please realize that everything regarding the paranormal, preternatural and psychical are subjective. There are no absolutes and opinions vary.

I can not say with any absolution that the phenomena known as "astral travel. astral projection, etc." is a fact. Nobody can despite their "belief". I am going to go as far as to say that having spirits and ghosts visit in dreams, another form of astral projection is included in the general topic of astral travel[ers]. Although I have studies the phenomena, and individual accounts seem from the surface "legit", I have sincere doubts and therefore remain highly skeptical. One would have to be BLIND to think otherwise! [That was my sigway to the following...]

If astral travel and dreams were actually glimpses into another realm where one sees the dead and see places beyond their scope, then people who were blind from birth should be able to describe the places they travel to and the faces that they meet. They don't, they can't.[N.B. In this reply I only refer to people blind from birth or shortly thereafter, not those who went blind later in life]. One would assume that if the astral body was perfect, then the blind would see. That is not the case  [Berger, Olley, Oswald, 1962][].

There has been documented cases where people who were born blind have discribed people and things that they saw with amazing accuracy and clarity during Near Death Experiences [Kubler-Ross][]. Due to the accuracy I stand firmly on the side that the blind CAN see and are pure in an astral body during a NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE, but NOT during so called astral travel or Out of Body Experiences. This indicates that the accounts of a Near Death Experiencer lends itself to be more valid that the accounts of astral travelers. This also goes for seeing guides and other otherworldly entities in dreams. The blind dream according to what they are capable of sensing while awake... sounds, tactile experiences, odors, taste, but not images. One would think that if these all powerful astral beings were actual, that they could imprint their image in the mind of the blind enabling the blind to in effect "see" them. That does not happen.

Marie, that in a nut shell is my opinion. It is shared by some, contrary to others and debated to no end by most. I wish you good luck in your research, and if there is anything else that i can help you with, let me know and I be happy to oblige.

Take care,
Greg Pocha / All Experts / Paranormal Phenomena  

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.