Paranormal Phenomena/masked entity haunting

A friend of mine has dealt with high visual attunement to spirits for most of her life. I too am rather sensitive to the energies of paranormal entities and have been able to help her identify which ones are neutral and benevolent and one that was not so much. However her most recent visitor baffles me. she describes a white figure in a plain white mask. not quite anthropomorphic in nature aside from the simple design of two eye holes and a smiling mouth hole in the mask. its shape is best described by imagining if you draped a white sheet over a wooden pylon and placed a mask near the rounded top. i have not encountered this entity myself yet but its behavior is curious and a bit troublesome. It tends to stay a room away from her staring at her face from a distance, however occasionally it strays closer peering in at her face and elongating its "body" to get a better look (i suppose). the masked nature of the entity is puzzling and a bit frightening as i cant imagine a reason why this would be other than it being a manifestation of the spirit hiding something it doesnt want to be known. this in combination with its strong interest in faces is a bit worrisome despite its seemingly neutral behavior. What i want to know is what kind of spirit this may be and whether anything aught to be done about it.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for writing to me at all experts / Paranormal Phenomena with your concerns regarding the apparition being witnessed by your friend.

To begin with, this being is not a spirit. A spirit in my standards is one who has passed over into the white light where it is given the opportunity to grow and evolve. Someone who has not passed into the light is a ghost, plain and simple. A spirit would not show itself in any kind of cloaked manner; doing so would be outside of their character. However, a ghost can and may cloak itself. This ghost wants to be noticed, but not in the usual menacing was that most cloaked ghosts do. It is far more common for a cloaked ghost to only show it's eyes, or appear as a "blacker than black" mass, or not at all [their presence being felt but not seen]. not appearing at all is more common and easier on the ghost as it takes far less energy to not appear as anything than it does to appear as "something". So this ghost is appearing masked, thus hidden, but in a non-threatening demeanor. Another thing is that most cloaked ghosts have an agenda. S majority at making an attempt to scare people away from a particular location. me, the minority, may be actually attempting to hide a deformity that they had while alive. The others however are trying to scare people away from a location. This does not sound like the agenda or the actions of your ghost. Yours is passive.

One thing that you must bear in mind at all times is that as mysterious and otherworldly ghosts are, they are still merely human beings with all of assets and liabilities that we, the living, possess. They are not different from an in-depth psychological point of view than they were while they were alive. For the most part they remain who they were in thought and personality as they were before they shed their bodies. That must be considered when you try to figure out why this individual is appearing the way that it is appearing.

So who would wear such a disguise? A child ghost might. Let's face it, this being is showing itself as the stereotypical age old sheeted ghost, although the sheet may fit better. The mask seems immature. A ghost is as it thinks. A child, realizing that it is a ghost, is more likely to appear as what they believe a ghost "should" look like in accordance with what they believe. Trust me, this is rare as most children appear as they did in life, simply themselves. But every living person is an individual being and the same is true for ghosts, so who knows how this particular child and therefore particular individual decides to appear when it "appears as a ghost"? Another possibility, still using the analogy of one appearing as one "thinks" that a ghost should look and therefore doing so, may be due to the individual being mentally handicapped while alive. Both the child theory and the developmentally disadvantaged theory could explain not only the appearance, but also the apparent shy and withdrawn attitude of this being.  

Another possibility is a prankster. Remember that personality does not make dramatic changes upon death, so a prankster in life is likely to be a prankster in death. I tend to doubt that this is the case here.

Should anything be done about it? I believe so. Ghosts are trapped, lost, forlorn and confused. No human being deserves to be where they are, not if they have a choice [some choose to be there]. I believe that by gently approaching this being is the best way to handle it. Child or handicapped, this being's guides should be brought into play and reminded to do their duties and take this being into the light [guides have been known to slack off]. You and your friend should get your own guides to combine forces and find this beings guides. It should then be encouraged into the light. I am also assuming that both of you are asking your guides and gate-keepers for their continued protection. If not, start.

If you and your friend are involved with contact from other realms of existence, you must do regular cleansing of your spaces and yourselves. The most common way is to do a saging or smudging ceremony. I can give you some information on that if you write me directly at
or via the contact us form from the Eidolon Project Canada's web site

If you have any more questions or concerns regarding this, or any other issues that may arise in your experiences, do not  hesitate to contact me. I hope that this has helped shed some light on what your friend has witnessed.

Take care,
Greg Pocha / All Experts / Paranormal Phenomena

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.