Paranormal Phenomena/Strange things happening in my house

We recently purchased a house in South Carolina that was built circa 1850. It's two stories and our bedrooms are upstairs. I've been experiencing some strange things for the last week or so. The main occurrence is that when sleeping in our bedroom I wake up EVERY night at 2:30am. It's either to a noise in the attic or hearing footsteps on our staircase. Last night I woke up at 2:30 due to a terrible nightmare. I don't have nightmares often do this was strange too me. Also I've been waking up with neck pains that I didn't experience in our old house, same bed though and pillows. The other odd thing is that I will hear things fall off shelves or like small thuds on our floors downstairs while im upstairs. I know for certain there could be no one down there. When I go to investigate there is nothing out of place or on the floor. It's weird. Not incredibly scary but I've never had multiple "weird" things happen especially every day like this. Very interested in a real expert opinion. Thanks very much

Hi Daniel,

You seem to be experiencing chronic paranormal activity. This usually means that something has decided to be there on a more permanent basis. This is really not a good situation for you.

Do not assume this is a lost human soul or ghost. Ghosts can be guises for more insidious entities. If that is the case, the paranormal activity will continue to escalate and eventually affect all members of the family physically, mentally and emotionally via fear tactics, aggressive actions or sleep depredation disturbances.

Have you experienced paranormal activity at previous residences?

Please go to a private setting on the board so we can talk more freely about your personal situations.

If you don't want to do that, I suggest this book:

Protecting Your Home from Spiritual Darkness - Chuck Pierce

Paranormal Phenomena

Christine Gentry

Paranormal guestions are my speciality; ghosts, demons, dark entities, astral lifeforms, hauntings, management of your psychic gifts, help for psychic children, etc. I have researched hundreds of paranormal hotspots and assisted private clients in freeing their home of unwanted spiritual phenomena. My organization specializes in extreme hauntings or nonhuman presences. I use my skills to research, document,and identify spiritual energies through field research. I also assist in the removal of any unwanted spirits so people may continue their lives free of fear or oppression.

I am a psychologist, parapsychologist and professional Medium. I am also the Director of East Coast Hauntings Organization (ECHO)for 12 years. My scientific team is staffed by well experienced investigators and consultants: two psychologists, veterinarian, Certified Medical Technician, Office Administrator, retired marine, retired army officer,Computer Software Engineer,and ordained minister.

I am a published author of nine fiction or nonfiction books over thirty years. Publishers include: MacFarland Publishing, Kalmbach Publishing, Greenberg Publishing,and Poisoned Pen Press.

I have a B.A. in Psychology and attained the title of Certified Angel Therapy Medium under the personal tuteledge of International Psychic Doreen Virtue.

Most of my clients are private home owners. However, I do investigate major historic properties and commercial sites. Lately, I have been doing almost exclusively dark entity cases in the process of infestation and oppression of homeowners and my experience in theis area is now extensive. My organization has been the only group to ever get permission to investigate Fort Macon and Currituck Lighthouse.