Paranormal Phenomena/Telepathy

Will you please tell me about telepathy?

I hear people's observations of me all of the time. People restate what I say in question form, judge me rightly from my thoughts, observe what I do, and observe what I observe.

Is this a conscience in them? Their subconscious minds? What should I do about this? Can I remove my ability to pick them up?

If there's any advice that you can give me, please do.

You mean you hear a voice or voices that seem to be the people you are writing about here? If that's what you mean, I'd be very careful before assuming it's really other people's thoughts. I'm not necessarily saying it's not other people. But there are at least three other possibilities.

1 - Your imagination
2 - Some kind of neurological condition
3 - Evil spirits trying to deceive you

If it bothers you, I suggest trying to ignore it. Hopefully that will diminish it and eventually make it go away. Also, I suggest making your own decisions, based on all of your faculties.

If that doesn't work, I suggest seeking a competent counselor, spiritual director or psychiatrist. I also suggest that whomever you see, make sure they are open to the possibility of spiritual influences, good and bad.

I hope this helps.

Paranormal Phenomena

Michael Clark, Ph.D.

Iím not interested in fostering a selfish or manipulative approach to the so-called paranormal. But I'm happy to discuss the pros and cons of paranormal phenomena, especially the psychological aspects of the paranormal--i.e. parapsychology. Questions about minors should be directed to a licensed professional.

I run an educational website that touches on paranormal phenomena, among other related topics.

Print Media:
My table from "Religions and Cults" at is reproduced with permission in L. Lindsey, S. Beach and B. Ravelli, Core Concepts in Sociology, 2nd ed., p. 157

World Wide Web:
My online article "Letter to God" coauthored with Buddhist monk, E. Raymond Rock, appears on several different spirituality-based websites, including

I've interviewed, as a Christian, a self-proclaimed mystic:

My articles appeared at the former New View magazine and are published at

Ph.D. in Religious Studies
M.A. in Comparative Religion
B.A. Hon. in Psychology/Sociology
See my CV and letters of recommendation and my blog at