Paranormal Phenomena/Seeing Something When Waking

I was waking up and jumped back gasping because on the table next to me I saw a very large (larger than my fist) scorpion. It moved slightly. It was a very translucent and opaque reddish orange. I only jumped back because it surprised me but I did not get the feeling I was in danger.

I rubbed my eyes - looked again and nothing was there.

This happened years ago - but it was an exceptionally large spider - on my pillow beside me but just under my chin. Same thing - large, black/violet - and transparent/opaque.  It also did not threaten me - and it was as I opened my eyes I saw it.

But both times - when I blinked - sat up .. they were gone.

What .. is this?

I'd like to say I was still drowsy, but I was not... both times was as if I was normally waking up - which is my sitting up, stretching and fully aware.

This is a very good question. The reason you saw these things when waking up is you were in the Theta brain wave state. In this state we are open to non-linear perception. If you did not feel threatened by these images they are likely from your own subconscious. I would encourage you to explore the state between being awake and asleep. These images may have something to share with you.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at  

Paranormal Phenomena

Ashad Gupat

Questions I specialize in are related to demonology, parapsychology, hauntings, ufo phenomena, and general strangeness.

I am well versed in paranormal phenomena. I specialize in demonology, but I have extensive knowledge in the realm of ghosts and hauntings, as well as ufo phenomena. I am an active investigator and have solved many paranormal problems for people.

Studied at the Unicorn Cove School of Metaphysics, Sundust Oracle Insitute, and am certified with the International Association of St. John of the Cross in Catholic Demonology