Paranormal Phenomena/SHHH?

Question
okay so 2 nights ago i was in bed on my phone and my brother was sound asleep and my dad had gone out for the night, when suddenly i hear a voice say SHHHH i was not the first time ive heard it, i have heard it in my past homes and places ive stayed for a long period of time, its ALWAYS happens at night and i know its not a window because i have never opened them plus their sealed shut! it happens when im alone in my room or home alone, i have heard it when im home alone many times. The voice always says shhhh? it doesnt say it to loud but not to quiet either just enough so i can hear it clearly and its always a distance away (behind my door)and when i try to record it or look for the problem it just STOPS it does it 3 or 4 times and thats it i dont know what it is and im looking for answers. Im not that scared anymore but its still creepy please help me

Answer
Hi Maria,

The expert that you sent this question to was unable to answer you so I took it. You can look at my profile if you need to see who is replying and my credentials. Because there are many instances in the paranormal that can also be explained by physiological or psychological causes I have made certain that I have studies those subjects in my studies of the paranormal and parapsychology. To that end I am going to offer you some rational first response reasons for what you are experiencing.

I am going to rule out the paranormal at this time. I am also going to rule out auditory hallucination as the noise that you heard does not change. I'll also rule out psychological / psychiatric possibilities. That leaves physiological / neural conditions that may be the culprit of you hearing "Shhh".

The most likely cause is that you are having a bout of Tinnitus. Usually, tinnitus is a ringing in the ears as that is what is most often reported. However, other sounds can be heard such as humming, clicking and believe it or not, a shhh noise is also a common complaint. Tinnitus can be acute or it can be transient with short, brief, occasional episodes. This is not a hallucination but involves neural activity. This is why you cannot record it on any type of media... that would be like trying to tape record a thought.

Another cause might be your eustachian tubes opening up. Again, this would cause an actual noise in the ears, internally. It is not a hallucination. Eustachian tubes usually "pop" open but sometimes they ease open. Blocked tubes can be the result of swimming, flying, a cold or flu, sinus blockage or allergic reaction, or inner pressure such as holding in an active sneeze. Again, it can be fleeting and temporary.

When this happens in the future you will want to record what you were doing just prior to, and at the moment you hear the sound. Record how you were feeling and your state of health. Doing this can establish a pattern and it will then be easier to diagnose the cause. I always play it on the safe side when responding to people who may have a physiological issue even though a paranormal one is a possibility. It is best to make certain that you are in good health rather than having you unhealthy and loading you with a "spooky" answer. If your health checks out, then explore the unknown. Better safe than sorry.

Greg Pocha / All Experts / Paranormal Phenomena.

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha