Paranormal Phenomena/Friends Ouija Board Play

Hi Greg,

I have a friend that has been playing with a ouija board. She started about a month ago, probably using it a couple of times a week. Now she feels as if there is a demon around her and does not know what to do. Does she have anything to worry about?

Hello et Bonjour,

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts / Paranormal Phenomena. Ahhh... the ouija board, the ever popular scapegoat, along with demons, for every ill that befalls it users. I might believe in the later if this were the thirteenth century, or if I were brought up in ignorance or in a biased faith, or had an agenda that depended on such archaic belief. Certainly the aforementioned may arrogantly state the time worn excuse [excuse as opposed to reason - there is rational thought behind reason] that the Devil's greatest strength is to convince people that he does not exist. I may counter that religion's strongest attraction is to convince people that he does. I will not go into the amount of research that I have done on this subject but suffice it to say many of those who rank high in the church doubt the existence of Satan as an entity. So by default, no Satan, no Satan's leagues. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that evil does not exist. I'd have to be senseless not to realize that unfortunate fact. But although evil entities and ghosts may play the 'I am a demon" role, they are not demons.

I believe that the Tibetan Book of the Dead states it as accurately as is possible. Few, if any modern cultures know more about the afterlife than this group of dedicated people. They state that "demons" are products of one's own mind. If the deceased should come across "demons" in the Bardo of the afterlife that the deceased must recognize them for what they are, the mental imagery of the deceased's own mind. This I believe is about as close to the truth as one can come.

The ouija board has taken the rap for a long time as an instrument that opens doors to demons. What it does is increase the chance of allowing ghosts to enter, and the ghost realm is filled to the brim with undesirable people. If a person was evil in life, they will be evil in death. As they likely fear going into the light they remain between the realms of the living and of the evolving spirit of the light. The ghost realm is not just inhabited by those who have unfinished business, or do not realize that they have died, etc., but by murderers, rapists, molesters, the criminally insane, sociopaths, psychopaths, mother-in-laws;) etc and these are the ones most like to enter an unguarded open door. But these are human beings, not horned, cloven hoofed, sulfur reeking "demons". And why would a person pretend to be a demon? The very thought invokes fear. Fear is a strong emotion and the energy produced by that emotion is a powerful source of "fuel" for that particular ghost. The more one fears them the more one feeds them. Evil minded ghosts are quite parasitic.

There is a very good chance that your friend is being influenced more psychologically than demonically. That is usually the case. The saying that you are what you eat applies here. On a psychological bases what you feed your mind, in particular the subconscious, the more likely you become "it" you become as you think. A belief of being followed by a demon will become an obsession with that thought. That obsession can and often leads to what is considered a possession. All the creation of the individual. You can look at it as a type of self brain washing or self hypnosis. In like exorcisms can be thought of as a type of de-programming. It is even more of an issue if the person using the board is mentally unstable to begin with or in a depressed or anxious state of mind.  Your friend is in more danger from her/his{?} own attitude and mind set than from any supposed "demon".

I know of no other device that is as misunderstood and misused as the ouija board. Take the most ardent skeptic to the paranormal and as soon as you mention ouija board most want nothing to do with it. It is this stigma that makes it dangerous from a psychological view point. From a paranormal view point it is no more dangerous or safer than any other method of contacting the spirit and or ghost realms. Any tool of contact, be it a ouija board, pendulum, scrying mirror, digital voice recorder, full spectrum camera or what have you are as dangerous or as safe as the user makes them. A knife in the hands of a chef is a tool, in the hands of a lunatic it's a weapon.

If your friend is set on continuing using the board I would highly suggest that she/he starts using it correctly. However if they are already in a state of certain misguided assumption that there is a danger from beyond I would suggest that they contact me directly at
and I can work with him/her one to one and set everything right.

I look forward from hearing back from you and your friend personally so that I can help you better.

Take care,
Greg Pochal / All Experts / Paranormal Phenomena  

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.