Paranormal Phenomena/My Mother

Question
QUESTION: My mother suffered numerous strokes and a heart attack in 2009.  She's a fighter and is still with us today.  For the past 3 years she's been pretty stable with no hospitalization.  This month she's been hospitalized twice. My mother has started telling us of a little boy that sits and watches her while she tries to sleep.  She also sees a little girl and has woken up to find the little girl holding her hand, rubbing her head or just making sure she is covered.  This started at home the day before she was admitted to the hospital.  She came home for a week but has now returned to the hospital.  She still sees the girl and boy in her hospital room however, now there is a man that sits in the chair by her bed and watches her at night.  Last night she told me of a dream in which she saw a beautiful forest and her deceased mother and father standing in the path leading into the forest.  Just when she starts to stare at her parents her father yells to her to wake up.  So she does as she’s told.   She’s also had conversations with her deceased brother & sister in-law in which they tell her that they will be waiting for her to show her the way.   It hurts me to hear my mom talk like this but she tells me she’s tired and ready to go.   Is my moms time near or are these just true hallucinations’?   One last note, she has also mentioned that she holds on because of us.

ANSWER: Hello JoAnn,

I am behind in my correspondence but I bumped your question to the top.

Your mother appears to be experiencing Death Bed Visions (DBV).  This tells me that she likely has little time left. DBV's are not that uncommon. Most medical professions pass these off as a symptom of dementia, posterior occipital atrophy, delirium, or other such neurological or psychiatric cause. However, there are cases where caregivers see the same vision!

The people your mother are seeing are the ones who will escort her into the light. You must reassure your mother that it is okay for her to let go when the time comes.  The people she sees are very real and they want to lead her home.  She must stop worrying about the here and now.  Tell her that if she does not go into the light, she may not be able to be there for you (and your family) when it is your time to go.  That you all need her there where she can watch over you.

At this time, it may be helpful if as many of your family/friends can gather & express their concerns and love. Though these may be difficult times, celebrate her life together.

JoAnn, this is a quick answer as time is of the essence. I'll be here for you should you need help, advice or just an ear.

Very warm regards,

Greg Pocha

QUESTION: Mr. Pocha,

Thank you so much for your prompt response.  I was finally able to tell her last week that we would be ok and if she was tired I would understand.  There are 3 of us and only one is not able to tell her it's ok. Unfortunately that's the one she worries about the most. I definitely will tell her to go to the light as I want her there waiting for me.  I stopped by hospital on my way to work this morning and she told me that a man brought her coffee with sugar.  She was also speaking Spanish to me which is not our daily language.  Sometimes you just have to laugh to keep from crying.  I will keep you posted.

A gain, thank you.  Your advice was very comforting.

ANSWER: You are very welcome JoAnn, and I'm glad to help.  All the best to you and your family.  May you find comfort in each other's company as you go through this period of grief.

Greg

QUESTION: Hi Mr. Pocha,

Thank you so much for your recent e-mail and I agree with all you said about my sister (#3) having to tell my mom it's ok.  

My mom was released again and is now home.  She has her good days and bad.  Her doctors (cardiologist, nephrologist, neurologist & primary) all have told us that they don't expect her to live to Christmas. We are enjoying each extra day we are blessed with her.

I  wanted to mention a few more things that have convinced us or rather maybe spooked us a bit.  I know we shouldn't be scared but sometimes we just find some of her conversations unbelievable.  Maybe this could help with other people out there going through the same thing.  

My cousin passed in 2009 and my Aunt thought it was best that we did not mention this to her as her heart is weak and she didn't want her to get upset.  So my mom has no idea that my cousin passed on.  My mom has also started seeing her and has said that my cousin tells her that she will be there waiting for her when the time comes.  I now truly believe what you have written me, that these deceased relatives are kind spirits there to assist my mom through her journey.  

I am finding this all very interesting now and plan to read the books written by Dr. Moody.  

Again, thank you so much for your explanations of what my mother has been experiencing.  I will keep you posted with any new unusual activity.

JoAnn

Answer
Thank you for your update, it is appreciated. I wish you and your mother and your family well. I am impressed by the account of her encountering a relative that she had no foreknowledge of her passing. I will use that account as further prove in that not all visions are merely hallucinations, as so many 'scientists' are prone to jump to. The dying only see the3 pre-deceased even if their ties to those still alive are strong, if they are living, they are not seen in pre-death experiences or NDE's.

In closing I again wish to assure you that I am here if needed.

Warmest regards,

Greg

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha