Paranormal Phenomena/Strange lights/ computer phenomena ?

QUESTION: Hello Greg,  

After experiencing years of strange happenings at my house I am finally looking for possible answers.  First let me say that I DO believe in the paranormal, i.e. the afterlife, spirits, ghosts, etc.  I have had several things happen in the past that support my beliefs, but that is not why I'm writing to you today.  

I am writing because I have been noticing strange light flashes in my house, both day and night.  One flash just happened about 15 minutes ago.  It looked like a streak of light up along the molding where the wall meets the ceiling.  And before today, the last time was a flash in the kitchen, under the upper cabinets.  These were not close to any electrical outlets.  Usually the way it happens is that I will see these flashes out of the corner of my eye.  

Another strange event that happens is that my computer 'cursor' arrow will start moving on it's own.  I will try to move it to where I want it but it will resist, going a different direction.  When this happens I will usually say (out loud) "STOP messing with my computer!!".   And 9 times out of 10 it will stop.  But I don't know if this is a spirit causing this or somebody has remotely taken control of my computer. I strongly suspect the latter, but I have no way of proving it.  

I don't know if it matters, but since I was very young I have had a heightened awareness of the spirit world.  I have had an OBE, once when I was about 10 yrs old.  I can't explain it, but I just have always known there is a higher consciousness, or a higher plain or dimension.  I have nobody that I can discuss these things with as they would probably consider me to be whacked out.   But what is your opinion of what could be going on?  I eagerly await your answer.  Thank you!

ANSWER: Hi Gary,
Thank you for writing to me at All Experts.  My late reply is due to our team wrapping up an  investigation . I need some info to better answer.
-1. How old is the house?
-2 Are the sparks seen only in that particular house?
-3 Are you using a device plugged into the computer, such as a head phone,  or microphone or any other attachment that has a cord?  
I look forward to your reply.

Greg Pocha, Paranormal Phenomena

QUESTION: No need to apologize for any delay. I very much appreciate you taking the time to offer help.  I'll answer your questions in numerical order.

#1.  The house was built in 1991, so it is 23 yrs old.  There was only 1 previous owner and, as far as I know, there were no deaths in this house.  I have lived here for 13 years.  It was built in the middle of a forest that had been cleared by the land owner.  No cemeteries are nearby.  

#2.  The sparks or movements are not specific to just this house.  I have seen movements out of the corner of my eye for most of my life.  I have always thought it was spirits of departed loved ones.  But again, I have no way of proving this.  

#3.  I have one device plugged into my laptop, an external speaker.  The only other plug is an 'Ethernet' cable that is plugged into a USB port for internet access, and of course, the power cable in the back.  But that is all.   

There is one other thing I should mention, but I don't know if it would have any bearing on what I'm experiencing.  My father passed in his sleep at his home (also the home I grew up in) in 1997.  I had to break into his house to find him, laying in his bed.  After his death it took me years to clear out his house, as he was a 'hoarder'.  I finally sold the house and the new owner used it for a rental property.  A couple of years later I was working a job at a local hospital as a Registration clerk in the ER.  This lady came in with a sick kid and when I asked her her name and address she gave me the exact address of the house I grew up in .  My dad's house!  She proceeded to ask me if I knew if anyone had passed away in that house, as she was experiencing strange phenomena, especially in the room that was my dad's bedroom, where he had passed.  She said she hears footsteps, voices, and the smell of cigar smoke (my dad used to smoke them).  I told her the story of how I had found my dad laying in his bed and that was probably his spirit still in the house.  She asked if I could come to her house and see if I experienced the same things, and I gave her my phone number to call me when she wanted me to come over.  I never got the call.  This has been about 3 years ago.  I have often thought of dropping in on her, but I have no way of knowing if she is still renting the house.  So I have decided to just 'leave it alone', you might say.

Hello Gary,

Thank you for your patience in awaiting this reply. The end of summer is the start of more people requesting our assistance.

I am going to address your last concerns first. From the description of the events happening in your father's former home, he may still be hanging around and haunting it. However, from the information I have I believe that the events are due to residual phenomena. I am basing this on that you did not mention that you experienced any activity during the long period that you were working on the property. It is usual for a ghost - that is an active, reactive and interactive entity - to become active during renos of their homes or relocation of their possessions. Your work seemed uneventful. To be honest, without input from the present tenants, it is impossible for me to discern between an active haunting or residual phenomena. If I were you, I would let it be.

As for the cursed cursor, I feel that you are victim to a prank. Certainly, ghosts  have been known to communicate via computers, but the activity you explain sounds too familiar to me. There are prank programs that will randomly move your cursor. If anyone has access to your running PC or password, it would take the jokester about 1 minute to download the prank. Check your registry or downloaded files and look for something out of place. Another option is to open the start menu and search "mouse" or "cursor" or "prank" and see if anything suspicious appears. To get an idea of what I am referring to look at the following sites:  or

Gary, I will address the spark issue in a follow-up. I try to answer from a variety of viewpoints as sometimes "paranormal" things are just misunderstood or unknown "normal" things. I am awaiting a reply from some colleagues, eye specialists - so again I ask for your patience.

Ciao for now,

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.