Paranormal Phenomena/The Smell of Vanilla Woke me out of a Sound Sleep?!!

Went to bed Friday night. Saturday morning I was wakened by the overpowering smell of vanilla. Not bad, just STRONG. I had not even reached the dream state yet as there was no dream in mind when I woke up. I was sound asleep.

I associate the smell of vanilla with my husband only. When we bake all sorts of yummy things. And it's the only candle scent will buy because we like it so much.

No person, dead or alive reminds me of vanilla except him.

When I went to show him how strong the smell was I went to get a bottle. To my surprise there was not even one bottle of vanilla on my baking shelf. There is always, always, about 3 bottles of it in my house at all times. So I don't know what happened there either.

I *have* to(*need*!!!)to know why that woke me up like that. This has never happened to me EVER and I can't find an answer that resonates with me.
Can you help? Thank you, Maria~~

ANSWER: Hello Mari,

All the vanilla bottles were missing.  Did you look in the garbage bin?  My first thoughts are are always ordinary ones .. small children, or sleepwalkers?  Where was your husband when this happened?  Did you sniff around trying to find a location for the smell, or was it just floating in the air?  Could someone (living or in spirit) have sprinkled a few drops on your pillowcase, the sheets, or the floor beside your bed?  Eliminate the obvious first then go for the paranormal.

If you'll answer those questions first please?

Love & Peace

QUESTION: Ama, the smell was just floating in the air for about 5 minutes. I wasn't scared, I just want to know what it means as it *never* happened to me before. I don't think anyone sprinkled any vanilla near me. I know my husband didn't do it. And I don't associate that smell with anyone but him.

I didn't throw away the vanilla recently, but I could have thrown them away after last years holidays wrapped up. So that's a good one! There is probably a good explanation for that - although I was absolutely sure there was vanilla in the pantry. (I have no children.)

What good reasoning skills: Eliminate the obvious first then go for the paranormal (I seem to always do it the other way around..., smile).

Thank you for everything. Love and Peace to you too~~
Mari ::roses for you::

Hi Mari,

Sorry, I had to run away on Thursday to my son's wedding, an over 3000km round trip.  Lovely wedding. :-)  

Vanilla, in my opinion, is a lovely smell, and some people wear perfume of that scent.  There is an ascended master called Quan Yin who smells like roses.  I know this for a fact, since I have 'smelled' her, when she came to 'visit' one of our 'ghost rescue circles' many years ago.  Everyone smelled the roses, it was so strong.  :-)

I think, whomever came to visit, they were not unfriendly.  If it happens again, ask who they are .. you might find out .. or try and remember what you were dreaming about as you woke up.  That might help too.  Sometimes I wake up with a ghost next to me sharing its 'memories' (what trapped it) with me, which can be a nightmare, and sometimes the angels have a scent that is lovely.  So many possibilities ...

Love & Peace

Paranormal Phenomena

Ama Nazra

I can answer questions about ghosts, spirits, elementals, angels, demons and fallen angels, healing and counselling related to metaphysical and spiritual issues. I answer from my experience, my knowledge, and what I have been taught over my lifetime. I recognise that there is no such thing as a 'expert' in this field, there is far too much to know, even when we specialise.

I have seen spirits, ghosts, elementals, angels, fallen angels and demons all my life. I have worked as a Spirit Rescuer, or ghostbuster, for the past 20 years, in Australia and around the world. I have helped people find solutions for hauntings, and other nastier problems, for the past 27 years. Sometimes the solutions are as simple as having your house blessed by a minister of your church, or having a medium (someone who can talk to ghosts) come into the house and help the ghost go into a healing place, and sometimes it takes a little more work, which I can do for you, in person if you are near where I live, or 'remotely', which means that I can reach across the world (and have done with great success for the whole 14 years I've been on the internet) and clear your home or business for you. You don't have to be religious for these choices to work, it is all about the energy. Having your house blessed changes the structure of the energy of the household, clearing accumulated emotions of all the people who reside there, and any that have lived there before. It can be done by a minister, or by smudging .. but should be done by someone who knows what they are doing. For more information see my personal webpages.

Internet - my ghostly site. - my spiritual site with my book about the fall of the angels, among other things - the Question and Answer pages where I do the same work as here among other varied conversations

I have studied Anthropology and Theology at university. I have studied mythology and the paranormal since a small child. I am also a Reiki Master Teacher, Metaphysical Healer and Spiritual Counsellor.

The gift of thanks from so many people around the world has always been my reward

The list is long, and totally confidential.