Paranormal Phenomena/evil apparition

Question
Hi. My question comes from something I saw on my friends computer... He was at my place one night n he showed me something n instantly I felt I needed to do something about it. He has a camera hooked up outside n it only records movement. On the tape its broad daylight n there's a black apparition that looks like the figure of a man. The man looks like he is trying to get into the garage...the door is open but for some reason he cannot get in n then it looks like he's trying to dig a hole outside by the garage.the reason I'm asking about this is cuz back in 2007 a guy murdered both his parents on this property n shortly before he did this he claimed to be hearing voices. So I think this could be an evil apparition nit got into the guys head n was controlling him. Is this possible n can it be proven?

Answer
Hi Amber,

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts/Paranormal Phenomena with your concerns. Without actually seeing the footage that you are speaking of, I can only make an experienced, educated guess.

The fact that there was a murder committed on the site in 2007, I feel is merely coincidental with what appears on the footage captured by the camera. Unless the garage had been blessed or protected, there is no reason that a ghost or entity would not be able to enter it. What the camera most likely captured was a small insect on the lens.  The movement of legs or antenna if the insect were positioned upside down could look like digging. I have seen objects assumed to be ghosts captured on CCTV cameras before. Although they can appear very paranormal in nature, they usually have a plausible cause, such as, a leaf falling past a lens or most likely the movement of an insect. Again, without seeing the footage or having knowledge of the make & model of the camera, I can only assume and I am afraid in this case, I have to follow Occam's razor.

If it is possible to send me a clip of the video, I could give you a more educated answer. However, All Experts is limited on the type of formats they accept. Unfotunately, audio & video clips cannot be sent in All Experts.  Therefore, if you have a clip, you have to send it to me directly at:

GregPocha@eidolonproject.org

I will then be able to take a look at it.

As for the person who committed the murders [who also claimed to be hearing voices], in no way indicates that he was being controlled by some type of evil entity.  It is more likely that he was psychotic, suffering from some mental illness such as schizophrenia. A good example is David Berkowitz, more familiarly known as "Son of Sam", who claimed that his neighbour's dog was possessed by a demon and that it commanded Berkowitz to kill. Profilers assumed he was a paranoid schizophrenic. This is most likely the case of the person who killed his parents on your friend's property.

Without more information, the above is the best explanation I can come up with.  However, should you have more information or need more assistance, please feel free to write to me and let me know.  In the meantime, don't over concern yourself with things which were most likely caused by normal occurences.

Greg Pocha
All Experts, Paranormal Phenomena  

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha