Paranormal Phenomena/orbs in photos

Question
So recently i took a picture of myself with my new camera and the picture comes out right away because it one of those cool ones but anyways when it came out i looked at it and it was a bright blue strip and so i showed my mom and she said it could be you aunt angel like an orb so i looked online and the first thing that popped was stuff about pregnancy and my mom is 4 weeks pregnant so my question is could this blue line be my aunt trying to tell me sonething or is it like an orb?

Answer
Hello,

Thank you for writting to me at All Experts / Paranormal Phenomena about your experience with your new camera. I very recently answered a private question regarding coincidence versus paranormal phenomena for a young woman writing a college paper. I believe that what you are experiencing is the result of coincidence and that there is nothing paranormal about the circumstances.

Looking on line for information about orbs is like asking drunks about the virtues of alcohol - you're going to get very biased and most likely wrong answers. What you most likely captured was a strand of hair close to the lense. If flash was used the light would have bounced off the hair and reflected back onto the camera lens. This happens more often than not and is the reason that any of my investigators operating any camera must have longer hair tied back. Even people with shorter hail may have picked up a strand from someone or some where else and it goes unknoticed. Lint and string / camera straps or reflection off of an object outside the viewfinders range can also cause such an effect.

You then looked on line, found an answer that fit the situation and voilą, a coincidence becomes a paranormal event. You found an answer relating to pregnancy, in most likely written by a site that has some sort of "hippy" name relating to spirits, guardian guides, angels and what have you [and what you have is a biased opinion], relate it to your mother's condition and rational slides into the "I want to believe" Fox Mulder zone.

If this should happen again, take the camera back for an exchange. Then and only then, should the same results occur, you may have something that approaches the paranormal.

Warm regards,

Greg Pocha,
All Experts,
Paranormal Phenomena

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha