Paranormal Phenomena/Strange shivers

I guess it all started when I was little. My mom told me she walked in my room when I was a baby and she swears she saw someone standing over my crib. Then as I got older I began experiencing weird feelings always in the fall. It's like someone was looking for me. I could feel something by me. There's also the shivers. I've been getting them ever since I can remember. It comes on suddenly and out of no where. They're violent and cause my whole body to shake. I've asked many doctors and they sent me to have an MRI. That found nothing. I usually wouldn't worry about stuff like this, but they been happening more frequently. I'm beginning to get really scared. Please help.

Hi "K",

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts, Paranormal Phenomena with your concerns. I am sorry to hear about the suffering that you have endured over the years with the tremors that you have described, but first let me address what your mother witnessed when you were a baby. I do not believe the two to be related.

It is not uncommon for a spirit or ghost to take an interest in a baby and be seen looking over a crib. It is almost textbook "ghost sighting". It is extremely rare that these ghosts or spirits to do any harm to the child. [For the record a ghost is an earthbound soul of a deceased being while a spirit has gone into the light and is an evolving, growing being]. Often times it is the spirit of a grandparent, great grandparent or even the child's guardian spirit visiting and watching over the child. Anybody who tells you that the entity is there to possess the child is living in the 13th century.

I do not think that the condition of your sudden and frequent bouts of "shivers" is in any way paranormal in essence. As well, I am very careful not to give a questioner a "paranormal" cause to anything that may have a medical reason behind it.  You do not mention if the tremors are accompanied by chills, so I am going out on a limb and make the assumption that you would have mentioned that if they were. And if I am correct there is a reason that the cause of the symptom does not show up on a MRI, and would not show up on any scanning type of test. The reason is likely due to a psychological issue. Do not get me wrong here, I am in no way indicating that you are your self "out on a limb". I believe that you may be suffering from a condition know as Psychogenic Tremor. This is a psychological, unconscious action, or psychosomatic reaction/action. There are several causes for it, among them mental/physical environment or stress. You may find the following site helpful.

"Psychogenic tremor can involve any part of the body, but it most commonly affects the extremities. Usually, tremor onset is sudden and begins with an unusual combination of postural, action, and resting tremors. Psychogenic tremor decreases with distraction and is associated with multiple other psychosomatic complaints. [Emre M, Aarsland D, Albanese A,
et al.,2004]

I hope that you will amuse me by playing this on the safe side and speak with your doctor again with the above in mind. I could be dead wrong, I am not a doctor, nor do I pretend to have all the answers. But if I am to err, I will do so with your health and well being in mind. If this checks out wrong, then I can approach the issue from a different vantage point. But I honestly feel that this is symptomatic of a larger issue. Whether it is actually Psychogenic tremor or not is incidental to the fact that I feel that this is still a medical condition of some sort.

I am here to help if you have any other questions or concerns. However for the time being I think that those are best directed towards a qualified medical practitioner, not an expert in the paranormal. Best of luck.

Warm regards,

Greg Pocha,
Paranormal Phenomena,
All Experts

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.