Paranormal Phenomena/cold feeling

Hello my name is Alyssa and I need some help. I was sitting in my bed next to my two year old while she was sleeping. While I was sitting there I felt a cold breeze on the bottom half of my legs and on my wrist. I had a few other time stuff like this has happened. I don't know if I should be scared or if I shouldn't.

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for writing to me at all experts with your question. I am not going to overreact or sensationalize the occurrence. There are rational explanations the most likely due to atmospheric changes and convection currents. Basically that means hot air rises and pushes cool air downward, circulation in other words. Another cause would be the opening or closing of a door anywhere inside the home. Even the atmospheric changes from a hot shower may cause a convection current when the door is open(ed). A clothes dryer may do the same thing - change atmospheric temperature. And lets not forget that the weather is changing, the nights are either warmer or colder depending on where you are.

Houses have a "life and personality" and daily routine. They heat up, they cool down, joints and joists as well as heating ducts contract and expand. Air flow changes depending on circumstance and pops, creaks and bangs are heard. I don't think that a house ever stops "settling".

Even if this were a ghost that is not to say that you are living in a haunted house. The more intelligent ghosts realize that they do not have to be bound to a particular place and that they are free to roam. Occasionally, likely more than we realize, they may just be passing through, nothing more!

Carry some matches with you, not a lighter. If this should happen again light the match, let it flair to flame and then immediately blow it out and watch if the smoke follows the path of the breeze. If so it is likely an atmospheric condition. Or burn some incense, white sage would be nice and watch the smoke.

Alyssa, to be honest you have nothing to fear and I am not going to give you some metaphysical, "spooky" or biased answer and some others. There is no negative energy, no door to the neither world and no need for an intervention. You have nothing to worry about.

If things out of the ordinary or normal (bearing in mind that a LOT of ordinary and normal occurrences can be down right weird)  continue, write back to me and I'll look at the situation in a different light. However, do not worry or stress this, else psychologically, you will create your own brainwash haunting. No need for that.

Take care,

Greg Pocha,
Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies,
Eidolon Project Canada Paranormal Investigations, EPC
Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.