Paranormal Phenomena/Crying baby

My girlfriend told me this story and I actually believe her, it happened when she was 16. She awoke to a baby crying outside her bedroom window, as she started to become more concious and realise that the sound was not a dream, she realised there was also a woman singing. The singing was not a language she recognised. She said the singing was almost distressing the baby rather than soothe it. She actually woke up her parents and they also heard the sounds. Now as there house is in the middle of nowhere in Ireland a foreign woman singing to a baby outside your bedroom window has absolutely no explanation... She also saw the shadow outside the window, and had nightmares for months afterwards. Her house was blessed by a priest and someone told her it was a curse. This is all the information I have because she really didn't want to talk about it. Could someone please shed some light on this? And if it is or was a curse what are the options?

Thank you for writing to me with your concerns. I believe that this is my first inquiry from Ireland!

I believe that a lot of the aftermath of the event is psychological, such as the bad dreams. Having the house blessed by a priest may have helped, as it seems that the house is not haunted. In the other hand, if the house were haunted the blessing could have raised bloody hell, especially in Ireland where there is so much tension between the Orange and the Green. Imagine the issues that would arise if a protestant ghost were blessed by a Catholic priest, or vise versa! Apparently luck was on the side of your girl friend and her family.

That being said, I would like a little more information before I can offer you my opinions on the event that occurred that evening in Dublin. If you could get me the following information, I'd be most appreciative.

1- You mention your girlfriends age at the time of the event, but that does not tell me when it happened, so could you find out how long ago this took place?

2- You mention that the home was in the middle of nowhere. I have been in the middle of nowhere a dozen times and have discovered that nowhere isn't as isolated as it seems. After all,  people have to get to nowhere from somewhere so roads and highways are needed. And there are often other homes around, even if they are a mile away. So...
  - how close is the home to a traveled roadway?
  - how many homes are with in a radius of a half mile or so?
  - is the home on flat land or near a lake or large pond?
  - how close is the house to a wooded area?
3- How old is the home? Was there a dwelling there or near there in the past that you know of? How long has your girlfriends family resided there?

I look forward to your reply,

Greg Pocha,
Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies,
Eidolon Project Canada Paranormal Investigations,
Edmonton, Red Deer, Calgary, Alberta, Canada  

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha

Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr.Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is the head of the Eidolon Project Canada, one of Canada's largest and best established Paranormal Investigation organizations. He and his team of professional investigators spend hours investigating hauntings and analyzing their findings. He has helped people internationally understand and deal with their paranormal activity. When giving an answer through All Experts the questioner can expect to be treated as an individual and given a thought out educated reply that will take in different aspects regarding their unique situation.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently writing his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.