Paranormal Phenomena/Enfield Gaunting, Ed & Lorraine Warren

Question
Hi Greg,

I was wondering about the haunting in Britain in Enfeild.  I am going to see the movie and was wondering just how much of it is based on fact and how much is embellished or downright made up.

I study psychology in school and a section of it was about parapsychology, not that the material was well presented.  It was as if the teacher was bring it it up as a painful part of the curriculum, a "Let's get this over." attitude. The Enfeild haunting was briefly cobered and we learned that there was a poltergeist involved.

I know that 'The Conjuring 2' will be opening in theatres soon and I really want to watch it as an informed person, not just someone who wants to be scared and entertained.

Thank you for sharing your time to answer this.

A fan.

Answer
Hello,

Thank you for contacting me at All Experts, Paranormal Phenomena with your questions.

There is some controversy regarding the adverbial amount of time that the Warren's spent at the investigation and to what degree they were involved. The actual investigation was conducted by the Society of Psychical Research. This is among the oldest of investigative societies, founded on the 1800's. They put months into the the investigation whereas the Warren's seemed to just show up on their own accord and stick their noses in. The time that they spent there was somewhere between one and the days. It is said that the main interest of Ed Warren was to find a way of making money off of the events taking place. I would have to agree with the people who were actually there for the long run and say that the Warren's involvement was minimal at best.  

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha