Paranormal Phenomena/mediumship

Question
QUESTION: Hi have you got any advice on how to develop mediumship? Is it best done in a group setting or individually. I have read a few books on developing mediumship but not really got anywhere with it. I do pick up on future events sometimes but I can only do that when I'm completely on  my own as being around other people interferes with energy and thoughts. I have as a child experienced paranormal activity which I know was real despite what others have said about it.

ANSWER: Hello "S",

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts / Paranormal Phenomena with your questions regarding mediumship.  Wow!!! -  have you ever asked both the right and the wrong person! Right, because despite my personal biases, that I'll lay aside, I will give you what information that I have that may be of aid to you. Wrong, because I believe that "self-made" mediums are for the most part fake, DESPITE what they convince themselves to believe or what psychological illness they are hiding behind.

Mediums are a dime a dozen and even then I'd want a nickle back for change. True mediums are one in a million. [For the most part true mediums are born with the ability - NB: keep this in mind for later.] Such a medium would be Mary Ann Winkowski,  http://www.maryannwinkowski.com/  Others who were born with the gift lose it as they age, Derek Acorah is a good example, and instead of retiring, go on pretending that they still "got it!". Sad, and it gives true mediumship a bad rap.  Most others who attain an ability later in life come about it due to a tragic event in their life, such as having survived a Near Death Experience (NDE). The medium David Wells is such an example http://davidwells.co.uk/ .  

So "S", I am curious? Why do you want to be able to have medium skills? Why I ask is that after you shuck your earthly body you will have an ETERNITY to chat it up with the dead. Eternity is a very loooooong time... which is good because the afterlife is chalk full of deceased people.  What is the hurry? Usually there is an ulterior motive in people wanting to be able to communicate with the dead.

In any case, you indicate that you may already have a some ability of precognition in that you see future events. Perhaps you should keep a record. You also state that you have had "paranormal" experiences as a child. Not knowing what they were I can not comment on them as to whether they could have a sound logical cause or a paranormal one. Now before everyone calls me a humbug rationalist, I do believe that everyone is born with some psychic ability. But because of evolution, especially in the modern world where communicating with someone is a far as a "SEND" button away, that whatever "organ" or set of neurons or whatever is responsible (perhaps changes in the Pineal gland) has atrophied to the point of uselessness much the same way as tonsils and appendixes.  However, a few individuals may carry on the "gene" (which may be why true mediumship seems to run in families). So if you have "some" skills, then yes, you may have other latent skills that could be developed. This is what you were to keep in mind; that you may have been born with whatever is closed for most of us but is operating (in a low capacity) in you. From what you have told me you have psi ability. Psychic ability is NOT the same as Mediumship ability.

You and I are alike in that we tend to learn better if left on our own. The best things that I do I learned (I was going to say in a closet... but somehow that doesn't sound right) were when I was apart from others, behind closed doors. However I am an introvert so I'd rather err alone than in public. Like a caterpillar, I want to emerge from the cocoon a butterfly (Okay, that definitely sounds like closet-speak, my bad.) There is nothing wrong with this method of learning if you are practicing the guitar for example (there is no way to practice the bagpipes in private). But with something, and if it is honestly an ability, one would definitely need tutelage from a real mentor, preferably one on one.  When we speak of mediums we often hear about their spirit guides, we rarely hear about the person who helped them develop their skills. Again the wording is important, ...develop their skills." By this I mean that they already had the gift, but like a raw diamond, it needed cutting and polishing to be of any worth. This can not be done by books, YouTube or asking the corner "psychic-medium" Madame Knowsall. Most developed mediums get advice from experienced mediums, who got advice from... and so on.

Avenues that you might try exploring are spiritualist churches. There are listing on the Eidolon Project Canada web site under 'Miscellaneous and General' of our resource links page at http://www.eidolonproject.org/id20.html  Not yet listed on my page (I'm having web host issues) are
http://www.thespiritualist.org/
http://www.spiritualistassociation.org.uk/
http://www.spiritualistresources.com/cgi-bin/centers/index.pl
Please realize that I list the above for your information only and that neither I, Greg Pocha and/or The Eidolon Project Canada do not endorse any of the above services.
At least you now have a starting place.

I will not go into the cons of assumed, learned "mediumship in this answer, else it will take more characters than I'm allowed in an answer. I'll cover it in my book, should I finish it. But quickly, and something that you must be aware of so that you don't fall in the trap are the following:
Auto-suggestion,
Self-Hypnosis,
Belief/wish fulfillment,
Disassociate trance, etc.
  These are some of the things that the vast majority of today's mediums suffer. Something I'll call, "I think therefore I am" disorder/syndrome*. (A brand new parapsychology term I just invented, premiered in this answer) Anyway, the power of belief is very powerful. But no matter how sincerely one believes in something, if it isn't it isn't. What I am saying is that there are many traps that you could fall into on your journey, avoid them at all costs - Quaere Verum.

You may be one who will is better suited to be a trance medium, as long as the trance is genuine. I hope that I have helped shed some light on this for you. It is difficult to give concrete answers to issues that lay in a realm that may not even exist. It is for that reason that organizations like the Eidolon Project exist. To explore. And it is questions like yours that prods our interest in seeking the truth, to solve the so far "unsolved" mysteries especially where an afterlife existence is involved. Although our methods are vastly different, we are both seeking the same solution. Should you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me, I'm here to help.

Greg Pocha,
Director of Parapsychology, Afterlife and Paranormal Studies,
Eidolon Project Canada Paranormal Investigation,
Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

*"I think therefore I am syndrome/disorder" - copyrighted as intellectual property Greg Pocha 2016.

QUESTION: Hello
Thank you very much for your time in giving me a detailed answer. I wasn't expecting that!
Yes, I agree that there is a certain fakeness that comes with certain mediums/psychics etc that have convinced themselves that they have the ability to communicate with the dead when they do not possess that skill but just out to play on vulnerable people convincing them that their loved ones really do exist beyond the grave. There is no guarantee that even if we do hear our loved ones talking to us that it is them and not a demonic entity simply copying their voices (as it describes in the Bible).
Having thought about it I think you are probably right that I would be better suited to trance mediumship since I am useless working round other peoples energy. I will have a look at some books written by David Wells on Psychic ability and see where I go from there.
I'm sorry I cannot talk about my paranormal experiences as a child as I prefer these to be closed off particularly on such a public site.

Again, thank you for answering my question.
Regards
S

Human Brain Wave Frequencies
Human Brain Wave Frequ  
ANSWER: Hi "S",

First off, thank you for the kind words. Since I don't feel the need to boost my ego by asking for ratings or brownie points I seldom get a 'thank you' so a kind thought is much appreciated.

There are many books out there written about developing psychic mediumship. The unfortunate thing is that, and this is a common factor to all areas of the mystical, none seems to be able to quite agree on what does what. So my friend, you will have a challenge ahead of you, finding the one that works.

Since trance mediumship seems to be the way to go in your situation I would first suggest that you begin with learning how to safely go into and come out of a trance. Going into trance means entering an altered state. This is not the same as having a Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) or a Dissociative Trance Disorder (DTD), both are identified in the DSM-IV and DSM-V as psychological/psychiatric disorders, and both, especially the latter are often disorders that some "psychics" have, whether they are aware of the condition or not; many are not and as most people, go into defensive mode if the fact is mentioned. "How dare you refer to me as having mental problems, I talk to spirit" kind-a thing.

No the kind of trance that I am talking about similar to auto suggestive or self hypnosis in nature. In any case you must proceed cautiously when dealing with the brain and mind. Don't rush, you literally have a lifetime before you are able to speak to whom ever face to face. Bearing safety in mind I will mention a few techniques that you could use to bring your self into a more trance like altered state. To do this you will have to lower your brain wave frequencies, not only to a lower frequency, but preferably to the resonance frequency of the universe, 432Hz. and this is easily done (point of interest, this is known as the perfect A note, or Vivaldi's A, which gave his music a certain je n'est sais pas). First you could YouTube it. Many videos will use binaural audio. This is what I would use.  The brain operates, depending on what it is doing on 5 frequencies, those being Gamma, 30 to 50 Hz., Beta, 13.5 to 30 Hz., Alpha, 7.5 to 14 Hz., Theta, 3.5 to 8 Hz. and Delta, 0.1 to 4 Hz. Below 0Hz. and you are brain dead hence dead dead. We will not deal with Gamma, a hyper aroused dangerous state that some "meta-physicists" would say is necessary to reach the higher vibrations of the dead.  In my opinion, the deceased may actually operate on a lower frequency due to the laws of thermodynamics, namely entropy.  The stage that you want is to have the brain operating between 3.5 - 8 Hz. Starting with eight and slowly moving towards 3.5. [You bear all responsibility if using any technique mentioned, albeit most are safe.] Bear in mind that if you are aiming for mediumship, you will have to remain conscious as falling asleep makes any contact unreliable as the episode may be classified as a wish fulfillment dream and not actual contact. Lucid dreaming is not your aim.

You may feel or actually have an "out of body experience". This means that you are on the right track. If you don't, that's all good too... every one reacts differently. But for now an OBE is not your goal, merely getting use to an altered state is. What one has to be careful of is producing a  Ganzfeld effect and instead of going into great detail myself here is a link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganzfeld_effect  So basically what I'm saying is to recognize if you go into a deprivation hallucinatory state (yet another thing that "mediums" mistake true ability for.)

If you can not find a good binaural recording, I have the equipment to make you a free personalized one.

One concern, it appears to me that you are a Christian. If that is the case, and depending of course on the strength of your conviction and faith, mediumship may not be the path for you. For example, Leviticus 19:31 NIV., "Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them." - Leviticus 20:6, "I will set My face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them. I will cut him off from his people." - Leviticus 20:27, NIV., "A man or woman who is a medium or a spiritist among you must be put to death." - Isaiah 8:19, NKJV, "And when they say to you, 'Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter,' should not a people seek their God?".
Now keep in mind that as far as I know Jesus said nothing about mediumship or communicating with the dead. What people tend to forget is that RABBI Jesus was first and foremost a Jew and followed the teachings of YHWH, and would not oppose His word, despite what those responsible for the New Testament say. Christ was never a Christian so he would have followed the lessons aforementioned.

"S", if you need to contact me regarding sensitive material, there is a 'PRIVATE' box that can be clicked when asking an expert a question. This keeps everything between you and me on a personal, private, not-published level. Just so that you know should that situation arise.

Oh,and to close... my friend, when you make it to your goal, please do not use the term, "I am in contact with spirit." I have asked several Experts on this site regarding that very phrase. You will be contacting 'a' spirit, 'the' spirit of... please use articles. Mystic speak is so passe.

Best of luck,

Greg Pocha,

Reply is copyrighted as intellectual property Greg Pocha 2016.

QUESTION: Hello
Thank you for your reply and the attachment.

I have just gone onto YouTube and found a video which gives a description of Higher Vibration - Raise Your Frequency - 963 Hz, 528 Hz, 432 Hz Binaural Beats (as opposed to lowering it). A comment made by someone called Jennifer states 'Low vibrations live in fear, indulge in hate on endeavours and dysfunction, higher vibrations live in love, forgiveness, compassion for self'.
Are we on the same hymn sheet?! Just thought I'd check.
Also, I just thought Id mention that I have done self hypnosis in the past (though this isn't the same thing) but have felt an out of body experience and when the narrator counts back from 5 to 0 to bring me back I find it difficult to come back in this short length of time. Does this have any meaning? Just thought I'd ask
Regards
S

Answer
Hi "S",

You are confusing 'sound' frequency with brainwave frequencies. Frequency is literally how frequently something occurs. A Hertz (HZ.) is a measurement in how many times (cycles) it occurs in one second. So 3Hz. means 3xper second. Where you are your electricity operates at 50Hz. on an alternating current. That means that your light actually strobe by going on and off 50 times per second, too fast for you to notice. Sound frequencies have a wide range. We hear from 20HZ. - 20,000Hz. Below 20Hz. is infrasound, that effects us physically and above 20,000Hz. is ultrasound.

Brainwaves are not sound frequencies, they are electromagnetic frequencies. If you were to experience a 432HZ. brainwave frequency you'd be dead in a second.  

So what you want is to lower your brainwaves from Beta (what you are using to read this) to Alpha/Theta. The sound frequency is incidental. For your purposes you want to get into the brainwave frequencies that you'll need for trance. The 432 SOUND wave frequencies are just a matter of choice, as it is the sound left over from the Big bang, ergo 'universal'. Keep in mind that most of the recordings found on YouTube of this nature use new age neo-hippy terms such as "Higher Dimension" assuming that there are 'higher dimensions' - it's a meta-physical term having nothing to do with reality or science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w5_owEax9Q

You need headphones to hear binaural beats. Like I say, I can custom make one for you using binaural beats at the frequency and put white noise behind it at 432Hz. sound - best of both worlds. I create things like this all the time. I can send it as an Mp3 file.  I hope this helps.

Cioa,
Greg

Paranormal Phenomena

Greg Pocha