Parenting K-6 Kids/10 years old

Question
My 10 years old son is enough smart. he is also in the range of 90% in school. but in parents absence, he continues to see TV.& always forced me to sit late at night to complete homework. when I talk to him, he always accepts his mistakes & promise to behave in proper manner. but next day continues to do as he want i.e. watch TV. If we fired him, he shows negative effect. we both are working. so we have to take studies in limited time. So confused how to tackle.

Answer
Hi Ketaki,
Children know how to beat the system.  They are very good at getting what they want.  He knows you are tired and are gone all the time.  He is using your guilt from being away from him to get what he wants. It's time to tackle the problem and go "From Combat Zone to Love at Home," with the Happy Face Token System. Children have generally been conditioned to respond "after the third time," then they know they are really in trouble. I had child who used temper tantrums to get at me when she didn't want to do what I asked.  So out of total frustration, I developed a parenting app that turned out to be quite remarkable.  

The child could earn tokens #made from paper with a happy face on it# or purchase some gold plastic coins.  These tokens are worth more than money because they have unlimited purchasing power.  Children earn tokens by performing tasks, behaviors, family rules and personal achievement goals when asked, the first time, happily and cheerfully as they contribute to a happy family environment.  How many tokens do they get?  However many you feel at the time he does what you ask.  As he gains the tokens, he realizes that he can cash them in for something on the reward list.  This is a list that comprises all the things he likes to do in a day, or doesn't like to do.  For instance: If he likes to watch TV, then a time limit for TV could be earned with tokens.  If he doesn't like to do homework right after school, he could earn a homework pass to do it an hour later.  The leverage is that you determine how quickly or slowly he earns the tokens and if he doesn't respond to your requests and rules, happily and cheerfully, the first time asked, he loses tokens he already has.
So, you could determine family rules, have him repeat them so he is accountable, then describe how he earns tokens and help him determine the things he wants to earn.  You can direct him to the things that he really likes, but in essence, drive you nuts because he does it anyway.  Then start the program.  I called it The Happy Face Token System, because I didn't have a happy face, nor did the children and that's what I hoped to accomplish.

It was a miracle program.  It was long-term and adaptable as the child grew.  I knew it worked within 2 weeks, when this child put her arms around me and thanked me for the happy faces and told me I was the best Mom in the whole world!  We used this program for over 10 years in our home.

I sell a digital book for download that gives step-by-step "mission" directives while in the Combat Zone at home, until you finally arrive at the
Mission Accomplished zone of Love at home.  I guarantee this program for 30 days.  Please visit my web site for more information.  I am offering a discount for a limited time if you download from my web page.  It is at the following page:
http://foxholeparenting.com

Good luck, Debbie Preece

Parenting K-6 Kids

Debbie Preece