Parenting K-6 Kids/Can't take my children's behavior any longer

Question
I am a stay at home mom of 4 children, 8,7,5,&2 years old.  You name it I have tried it. My 5 year old daughter is the worst, it was so bad one day I locked my self in the bathroom because I didn't know what to do. I feel they think I am a joke, it hurts me I want to be able to enjoy my children but it has got to the point I don't want to even think about leaving the house. PLEASE HELP !!!!!

Answer
Christ-Centered Parenting the Strong Willed Child
Christ-Centered Parent  
Hi Dakota,
Been there! Done that!  It is miserable to feel that you have lost the joy of being a mother when that's what you planned all your life.  As long as the children know they can hold you hostage, they will.  You say you have tried everything and I believe you.  I tried everything from cute charts and stickers to grounding and screaming! I was ready to ditch the whole scene when I decided to offer a desperate mom prayer.  I told God all I ever wanted to do was be a good Mom and have a happy family.  But I was at the point of leaving that all behind.  If He wanted me to stay and honor my stewardship, He needed to give me some hope at the prospect of finding JOY in my JOurneY of MOTHERHOOD.  Little by little, line upon line, the most amazing experience of my life began.  It took the form of something I named, The Happy Face Token System.  I called it that because I wanted a happy face and I wanted happy faces on the children.  What I discovered is that all the things I thought I should have as the best mom like, I want my children to give happy, first-time obedience and come running to ask me what they could do to help, started happening. At first I was a little leery, but when the child who threw temper tantrums to control the atmosphere her way, responded by calling me the best mom in the whole world, and telling me how much happier she was since we started the Happy Face Token System, I knew I had something good.  It also came with the Consistency Factor built-in so when I was challenged to mean what I said, I could and stick to it!  God had blessed me with the answer I needed.  I found that this program was a lifestyle plan for the family to develop love for each other, and personal life-skills as well as social manners and educational concepts.  In fact, I didn't find much it didn't improve.  Within two weeks the whole dynamic of our home changed and I found I could actually say, I love being a Mother!  I never thought I would be able to say that.  I wrote a book called From Combat Zone to Love at Home:  The Happy Face Token System after all my children left home and tweaking it to perfection over 10 years.  The best reward list ever started evolving. It was counter-intuitive and heaven blessed. This is the main main chart you will use. The children earn tokens for what is on the list.  It is not your average list, nor do they earn tokens the average way.   Take a look at my webpage for a good idea of the kinds of things you can do.  I guarantee this program for 30 days, risk free. It's that good.  Prayerfully consider what led you to ask me the question and the websites you visit.  Let me know if I can help further.
Good Luck, Debbie Preece
http://christcenterdparenting.com
http://thebestparentingbook.com
http://foxholeparenting.com

Parenting K-6 Kids

Debbie Preece