Parenting K-6 Kids/need some advice/help

Question
I have a 7 year old son who primarily lives with his father and visits with me, his step dad, step brother and half sister every other weekend and every Tuesday during the school year and in the summer for a week at a time every other week. A few years ago my son asked my step son if he (my step son) wanted to suck his (my sons) peeped and he (my son) claimed that his half brother on his dads side had let him do it to him... I filed a police report which was then turned over to DHS/CPS and there was never an investigation. In kindergarten my son was suspended for talking about sex and making sexual innuendos. This past year he repeated kindergarten, was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and was put on Intuniv. My son still had slight behavior issues and was still getting in trouble for chasing girls and cornering them so he could kiss them. About a month ago he (my son) grabbed my step sons peepee and balls and just yesterday pulled his pants down in front of my 15 month old daughter and was like "look at my Weiner" I had him in counseling (play therapy) but I stopped taking him cuz I just can't afford it and his father is no help...we don't even speak to each other. His father has a history of domestic violence. I just don't know what to do and feel like I'm being torn between my two children... PLEASE HELP!!!

Answer
Hi Amber,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance, you are your son's only advocate. You stated that you reported this several years ago and there was no investigation Why not? It sounds as if your son is seeing things that causes him to act out sexually, as well as he stated" "That his half brother allowed him to act out sexually"
He is telling you what is going on, and why he is doing what he is doing what he is doing. I suggest that you report this again, then follow through. "The squeaky wheel gets the oil"
Even if you are not speaking to his father, he needs to know about this. Perhaps you can write him a letter and cc a copy to the police Department and DHS/CPS. You can also seek advice from
your son's Doctor. Mom, you need to take care of this right away. Your son needs your intervention now.

Parenting K-6 Kids

Dr. Mabel J. Swaby