Parenting K-6 Kids/What should a mother do?

Question
What should a mother do? Her 15 year old daughter tells her that she will get several permanent tattoos on her body with or with out her mother permission, on her 16 birthday. When she is 16 she can legally get them with out her mother permission in this legal jurisdiction. That is what law enforcement tell the mother. She wants her mother to come with her when she gets them.

Answer
There appears to be a breakdown in communication between mother and daughter. Why would she go against the her mothers wishes? It is difficult to respond to such a question when I do not know the history of the mother and daughter's relationship. It appears that mom has lost control. I certainly as a mother would not go with her to get a tattoos and if she got it without my permission there would be consequences. You have given me so little information, but I hope this is helpful

Parenting K-6 Kids

Dr. Mabel J. Swaby