Parenting Stepchildren/Step dad whos mean

Anon. wrote at 2008-08-25 12:53:53
Hey,

I am a step-child and my step dad is awful. I hate being in the same house never mind the same room. He tells lies about me and constantly doing spiteful things. Him and my mum have a child together and he treats him fine. But when it comes to me and my older brother, it's just disrespect all the time. We just don't get on because of all those factors.

I don't blame your daughter for moving in with her dad. I am 17 myself and would do the same but my Dad has passed away sometime after my mum and he split up.

You need to remember that your other 2 kids came 1st and then he came along. He entered your family, so he has to compensate and change. You have to tell him this, if not, then you are doing wrong to your kids. And, hence proving your daughter right, that he is manipulating you.

Vptanya wrote at 2012-04-08 22:31:41
I feel your pain. I am going through pretty much the same type of thing and have been right from the beginning. That was 6 yrs ago almost

jackie wrote at 2013-12-15 18:12:12
it is called double standerd he has one set of rules for one set of kids and then another set of rules for the other set you need to him that the teenagers are your kids you raised them before he came along and the other two are yours and his and you both need to raise them if they turn out like the other two then he needs to understand teenagers are teenagers  

Parenting Stepchildren

J.L. Slipak