Parenting --Teens/my sixteen year old daughter

My sixteen year old is bored always n daily she  has 4 sisters and myself in the house n has a few friends  but constantly  wants to hang out with me which is ok but also wanting in my personal life  to and repeatedly asking me what. R we doing today? Something. ? Anything she. Says? I'm  bored mom!

What a great opportunity to show your kid that life really isn't boring. If a child says that, I often think it means they need to be given more direction. They need to perceive that there are so many different things they can do that there is no way they can be bored. Chores, activities around the house etc... There may be some immaturity, yet I would look at it as an opportunity to teach about changing perception.

Dr. David

Parenting --Teens

Dr. David Simonsen

I work with teens and parents on a weekly basis. I have learned that one way of parenting doesn't fit every teen. Being able to be flexible and a good listener can really cultivate a great relationship between a parent and teen. I will give you a no-nonsense pratical way to help your relationship

I am a Ph.D. level licensed Marriage & Family Therapist presently in private practice.

M.S. Marriage & Family Therapy; Ph.D. Psychology